BEERSE, Belgium, December 12, 2011 - Benefit of bortezomib, in combination with melphalan and prednisone (VMP), seen across multiple patient subgroups regardless of subsequent extensive therapy Janssen-Cilag International NV announced today that treatment with VELCADE(bortezomib), in combination with melphalan and prednisone (VMP), delivered a significant long-term overall survival (OS) benefit of 13.3 months (HR 0.695, p=0.0004), compared to treatment with melphalan-prednisone (MP), in patients with previously untreated multiple myeloma (MM), a fatal blood cancer. The data, the result of the updated OS analysis of the landmark VISTA trial after 5 years of follow-up, are being presented today at the 53rd American Society for Hematology (ASH) annual meeting in San Diego.
BEERSE, Belgium, December 9, 2011 - Landmark VELCADE(bortezomib) five-year follow-up data in previously untreated multiple myeloma to be featured in oral presentation Janssen-Cilag International NV announced today that 9 abstracts, involving both the experimental molecule siltuximab and the established therapy VELCADE, have been accepted for presentation at this year's American Society of Hematology (ASH) annual meeting, to be held December 10-13, 2011, in San Diego, USA.
BEERSE, Belgium, October 21, 2011 - New data presented at EADV New findings from the TRANSIT study were presented today at the 20th European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) congress, which showed treatment with STELARA (ustekinumab) is well-tolerated and effective in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis inadequately responsive to methotrexate therapy. Health-related quality of life was also significantly improved according to the study results reported. The TRANSIT study, a 52 week, open-label, phase IV study of 489 patients, was designed to compare two methods of transitioning patients from methotrexate to ustekinumab.
BEERSE, Belgium, September 7, 2011 - First once-daily, oral treatment inhibits androgen production at all sources Janssen-Cilag International NV announced today that, after an accelerated regulatory review process by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and following a positive CHMP opinion on the 22 July 2011, the European Commission has approved the marketing authorisation for ZYTIGA (abiraterone acetate), a novel, once-daily, oral, androgen biosynthesis inhibitor.
BEERSE, Belgium, July 22, 2011 - - Expanding New Treatment Class for Patients With HCV - Tibotec Virco-Virology BVBA, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies, announced today that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) adopted a positive opinion recommending the approval of INCIVO (telaprevir), a direct acting antiviral (DAA) for the treatment of chronic genotype-1 hepatitis C virus (HCV), in combination with pegylated-interferon and ribavirin, the previously accepted standard of care.
- Zytiga Receives Positive Regulatory Recommendation in the European Union for Treatment of Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer
- To view a short video about Schizophrenia 24x7 please visit https://www.brainshark.com/janssencns/Schizophrenia24x7
- Risperdal(R) Consta(R) Associated With Lower Risk of Hospitalisation Compared to Treatment With Other Antipsychotics in Patients With Schizophrenia
- European Commission Approves XEPLION(R) for Treatment of Schizophrenia
- INVEGA(R) Approved as First and Only Antipsychotic Treatment for Schizoaffective Disorder in the European Union
- Data From Another Study Demonstrating the Efficacy of VELCADE Maintenance Monotherapy and Improvements in Quality of Life Presented at the 52nd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. Announces Collaboration to Develop Diagnostic Biosignatures for Pre-Symptomatic Identification of Alzheimer's Disease
- To View a Short Video Presentation on This Research Access the Link https://www.brainshark.com/JanssenADHES/SurveyResults
- Note: Data in This Release Correspond to ESMO Abstract LBA5
- Data Demonstrate Treatment With STELARA(R) Results in Sustained Improvements in Psoriasis Severity and Quality of Life up to Three Years
- Janssen to Assume CAELYX(R) Global Marketing Rights From Merck
- Additional Data Demonstrating Efficacy of bortezomib Presented at the 15th Congress of the European Hematology Association
- Additional Data Demonstrating Efficacy of Velcade Presented at the 15th Congress of the European Hematology Association
- Cilag GmbH International to Terminate Collaboration
- Note: This release corresponds to ASH abstracts 109, 131, 2312, 3859 and 3875