Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
CANNES, France, November 3, 2011 - - Report Highlights Role of Innovation in Expanding Development Resources for the Future In a report about financing for development delivered today at the G20 Summit, Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, urged leaders to commit to increasing the pool of resources dedicated to development or risk causing irreparable damage to the livelihoods of millions of the poorest people. Underlying these recommendations is the idea that innovation can multiply the impact of the resources devoted to development.
SEATTLE, October 31, 2011 - The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today announced that Dr.
WASHINGTON, October 24, 2011 - - Previewing themes in his upcoming report to G20 leaders, Gates highlights innovations and partnerships as keys to development Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, today accepted World Food Program USA's George McGovern Leadership Award for his foundation's efforts to help small farmers in the developing world overcome hunger and poverty.
SEATTLE, October 22, 2011 - On this year's World Polio Day (October 24, 2011), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and a global community of partners are calling for increased commitment and greater accountability from political leaders to end polio, and for supporters around the world to lend their voices to the fight.
SEATTLE, October 18, 2011 - - Optimism, urgency and innovation needed to bring an end to malaria Three hundred leading malaria scientists, global health leaders, policymakers, government officials and advocates gathered today at the Malaria Forum to discuss great strides in malaria control and address challenges that are impacting the long-term goal of eradication.
- Gates Foundation Names Dr. Trevor Mundel to Lead Global Health Program
- The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Announce Partnership on Polio Eradication
- Futbol Club Barcelona and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Team Up to End Polio and Give Every Child an Equal Shot at Life
- Gates Foundation Launches Effort to Reinvent the Toilet
- Statement by Bill and Melinda Gates on the GAVI Alliance's Announcement of Vaccine Industry Offers for Lower-Priced Life-Saving Vaccines
- Bill Gates Calls on United States, Global Leaders to Invest in Agriculture in the Developing World
- Leadership, Strong Immunization Systems, Affordable Vaccines Are Key
- Grand Challenges Explorations winners in 25 countries aim to transform global health and development
- Speaking at Historic Roosevelt House, Gates Outlines Why the World Should Prioritize Vaccines and the Eradication of Polio
- Citing dramatic gains achieved with polio vaccines, Prime Minister David Cameron, Bill and Melinda Gates call on world leaders to finish the job
- Together pledge $100 million to fight preventable diseases in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Statement on the Launch of New Meningitis Group A Vaccine
- Heads of government, banking, technology, and international development gather for first-ever Global Savings Forum; foundation pledges $500 million and announces new grants to increase access to savings
- Speaking at the World Food Prize, Raikes says, 'What's required of us is our unfailing commitment to the cause of agricultural development'
- City governments and community organizations to join forces in improving housing, jobs, and city services for urban poor
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's 2010 Access to Learning Award honors Veria Central Public Library as successful model for libraries in Greece and around the world
- In Keynote Speech to AIDS Conference, Gates Outlines Roadmap to Reduce Annual New HIV Infections 90% by 2031
- Gates Foundation Commits US$1.5 Billion for Integrated Women's and Children's Health Programs
- Bill Gates calls agriculture investments "incredibly effective" way to reduce hunger and poverty
- Bill and Melinda Gates Pledge US$10 Billion in Call for Decade of Vaccines
- Gates Discusses How Innovation Can Make the Difference between a Bleak Future and a Bright One
- Using Tactics from Motorbikes to Smartphones, Savings Initiatives to Help Bring Financial Security to Millions of Poor People in the Developing World
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Rewards 76 New Ideas to Fight Infectious Disease
- Bill Gates to Call for United Action to Support World’s Poorest Farmers
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Appoints Joe Cerrell to Lead New European Office
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Commends UK Government for Maintaining Its Commitment to the World’s Poor