LONDON, November 18, 2011 - AstraZeneca today announced that the Marketing Authorisation Application for CAPRELSA (vandetanib) received a positive opinion from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) for the treatment of aggressive and symptomatic medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) in patients with unresectable locally advanced or metastatic disease.
GENEVA, April 15, 2011 - Results from a large pan-European study suggest that up to 135,000 deaths from cardiovascular disease (CVD), such as heart attacks and strokes, could be prevented in Europe each year though better control of risk factors including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking and diabetes. This equates to one preventable death every four minutes. The European Study on Cardiovascular Risk Prevention and Management in Daily Practice (EURIKA) was a large public health study carried out in 12 European countries.
LONDON, January 27, 2011 - AstraZeneca said its full-year results had outperformed guidance, with growth in emerging markets compensating for patent expiries and pricing pressures from Western governments.
PRAGUE, November 8, 2010 - Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death in Europe, killing an estimated 4.3 million people each year.[i] Results from a large pan-European study announced today indicate that many of these deaths could be avoided if at-risk patients received better preventative care.[ii] The European Study on Cardiovascular Risk Prevention and Management in Daily Practice (EURIKA) estimated the proportion of deaths associated with risk factors for CVD, and assessed how well those risk factors are managed.
LONDON, October 22, 2010 - A post-hoc-analysis from JUPITER published in the European Heart Journal shows CRESTOR(TM) (rosuvastatin) 20 mg significantly reduced major cardiovascular (CV) events, defined as the combined end-point of CV death, stroke and myocardial infarction, compared to placebo, by 50% (p=0.028; CI 0.27-0.93) in high risk patients with a 10-year Framingham risk score >20% and by 43% in patients with an extrapolated SCORE risk greater than or equal to 5% (p=0.0003; CI 0.32-0.68).
- Final Analysis of Landmark IPASS Study Confirms That IRESSA (Gefitinib) is a Valuable Option for the First-Line Treatment of Patients With Advanced NSCLC With EGFR Activating Mutations
- Phase II Study Published in the New England Journal of Medicine
- SMC Issues Positive Recommendation on esomeprazole 10mg (Nexium(R)) For Children Aged one to 11 Years old in Scotland With Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD)
- This press release has been made available on worldwide (excluding US) press communication media for the benefit of correspondents writing for the medical professional press. Differing national legislation, codes of practice, medical practice etc mean that you should contact your local AZ press office to obtain information designed for use in your country.
- Hospitalisations Account for 60% of all NHS Costs for Bipolar Disorder
- First Phase III Trial With Definitive Results in Advanced Medullary Thyroid Cancer Shows Statistically Significant Extension of Progression Free Survival for Patients
- CRESTOR(TM) Gains New EU Indication to Prevent Major Cardiovascular Events in High Risk Patients
- Video: Crestor(R) Reduced Risk of Cardiovascular Events in Women by Nearly Half in New Analysis of Jupiter Study
- Latest Guidance Issued by BTS/SIGN Supports use of Single Inhaler for Maintenance and Relief in Asthmatic Patients
- Budesonide/Formoterol Plus Tiotropium Improves the Quality of Life of Patients With Severe COPD