BRUSSELS, March 16, 2011 - The EU must put extra legislation in place in the lifetime of the current European Commission if it is to meet its commitment to cut domestic carbon emissions by 80-95% by 2050, warned the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA).
BRUSSELS, March 14, 2011 - The EU must adopt a binding renewable energy target for 2030 to secure long-term investment in renewable energy.
BERLIN, November 24, 2010 - Last week the European Commission said: "The EU pays the price for its outdated and poorly interconnected energy infrastructure".
BERLIN, November 23, 2010 - The EU and Member States need to acknowledge the urgency and importance of major grid investments, according to a joint statement by the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E), the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA), the German Engineering Federation (VDMA Power Systems) and the German Wind Energy Association (BWE).
BRUSSELS, July 20, 2010 - 118 new offshore wind turbines were fully connected to the grid in the first half of 2010 according to new statistics released today by EWEA.
- Grid Connection, Lead Times and Costs Main Barriers to Hungarian Wind Power, but New Government has Ambitious Plans to Increase Renewable Energy
- New League Table Shows Wind Farm Consent Times Across EU27
- Wind Energy Reduces Electricity Prices, Says Independent Study
- Wind: 50% of EU Electricity in 2050
- Workshop: Wind Energy - The Facts - Integrating Wind Power in Hungary
- Workshop: Wind Energy - The Facts - Integrating Wind Power in Romania