AMSTERDAM, July 8, 2011 - Amsterdam Molecular Therapeutics (Euronext: AMT), a leader in the field of human gene therapy, announced today that it has filed a request for re-examination of the Marketing Authorisation Application for Glybera with the European Medicines Agency.
LIVERPOOL, England, July 8, 2011 - As UK spending cuts start to bite, it seems there is one area where British women aren't prepared to scale back - their holiday wardrobe - with the most prolific holiday shoppers being fifty-something women.
LONDON, July 8, 2011 - Leading UK investment manager Stephen Sutherland says, "The bull market that began in March 2009 has further to go." Sutherland has a history of successfully timing the market at key junctures.
MUNICH, July 8, 2011 - For distribution to consumer and medical media - Findings From the Supporting Hypertension Awareness and Research Europe-wide (SHARE) Survey Suggest the Need to Implement a Consistent Strategy to Improve and Maintain Blood Pressure Control Physicians' treatment approaches to hypertension management are inconsistent despite ESH-ESC (European Society of Hypertension and European Society of Cardiology) arterial hypertension guidelines, which could put patients with elevated blood pressure at risk, according to findings published recently in the Journal of Hypertension. This inconsistency in adherence to the guidelines amongst physicians is one of the contributing factors to the substantial health and economic burden associated with uncontrolled blood pressure across Europe. Hypertension causes 7.6 million premature deaths worldwide and as many as 1 billion people may have uncontrolled hypertension worldwide.[3,4] If left untreated, hypertension may lead to serious cardiovascular health complications such as heart attack or stroke. Uncontrolled hypertension is therefore a significant contributor to healthcare spending across Europe as the annual cardiovascular health bill in the EU is in excess of €190 billion. The Supporting Hypertension Awareness and Research Europe-wide (SHARE) survey sought the views of 2629 physicians from primary and secondary care around Europe and forms part of HypertensionCare, a commitment from Daiichi Sankyo to providing increased knowledge and insight to physicians across Europe.
DRAKENSBERG, South Africa, July 8, 2011 - In KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), the one millionth patient recently received an eye exam and the eye care they need thanks to an innovative programme initiative of partners; the International Centre for Eyecare Education (ICEE), Standard Chartered Bank, KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health and Optometry Giving Sight.
- Patrick Elliott Takes the Helm at Instant
- CNPV Signs Long Term Sales Agreement with Choice Solar Solutions
- CNPV Confirms World’s First True Linear Warranty
- Strategic Minerals plc: Iron Glen Update
- Triodos Renewables Launches Public Share Issue
- Potter Conjures up Huge Interest in Themed Fancy-Dress Costumes
- Government Wireless Security Team Launches Advanced Anti-Phone Hacking App, SafeandSecureMobile
- TFIFX Forex iPhone app, Free No Registration
- Strato Offers WebStarter Free for Five Months
- Littlewoods Europe Announces Launch of Autumn 2011 Collection
- Milestone in Energy Generating History - World’s First Commercial Wave Power Plant Mutriku Inaugurated
- Sky TV Goes Online and Mobile for all 10 Million Customers
- South West Trains Launches UK’s First ‘Self Service’ Brompton Bicycle Rental Scheme
- IndiaMART.com Forays into SME-Specific News Segment
- Mood Media CEO Lorne Abony Nominated for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in Ontario
- City Index Named Best Mobile Trading Platform for Second Year Running
- Gartner Identifies Virtual Forge as Cool Vendor in the SAP Ecosystem
- Allied World Announces Second Quarter 2011 Catastrophe Loss Estimates
- Fannie Mae Redemption
- FEMSA Schedules Conference Call to Discuss Second Quarter 2011 Financial Results
- Agility UK Launches New Website
- Orient-Express Hotels Announces Management Changes
- US and Ukraine Continue Strategic Partnership on the Rule of Law
- Ukraine Contributes to the Fight Against Corruption at the World Summit of Top Prosecutors
- Change in Leadership at Asian University for Women (AUW)
- Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Announces Update on its Share Repurchase Program
- UBM Aviation Announces Free Virtual Airline Purchasing & Maintenance Expo to be Held July 14, 2011
- The Rise of Fund of Funds
- Leonardo da Vinci Painting Discovered
- FilmOn.com Launches Space Program with NASA HD
- ICIS Pricing Launches Middle East Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Report
- Clarification with Regards to the Arrest Warrant Against Mr. Rufino Vigil Gonzalez, Chairman of the Board of Grupo SIMEC
- Not for Distribution in the USA
- Roke Launches World's First Wide Area Coverage Femtocell
- Deal With European Exchange Makes the Wocu Investible