PARIS, April 21, 2011 - Following the meeting of its Board of Directors today, Valeo released its sales figures for the first quarter 2011: In million euros Q1 2010* Q1 2011* % change % change 2011/2010 2011/2010** Original equipment 1,898 2,263 +19.2% +17.4% Aftermarket 351 361 +2.8% +4.5% Other 60 45 -25.0% -26.5% Total sales 2,309 2,669 + 15.6% +14.3% * Unaudited ** On a like-for-like basis Jacques Aschenbroich, Valeo's Chief Executive Officer, said: "Our strategic focus on developing products that reduce CO2 emissions and on increasing sales in Asia and emerging markets continued to pay off well in the first quarter of 2011.
PARIS, April 1, 2011 - Valeo has inaugurated two new sites in China this week: a global Electronics Expertise Center in Shenzhen and a wiper systems production plant in Wenling, China.
PARIS, March 9, 2011 - At an Investor Day event held today in Paris, Valeo is presenting its new medium-term guidance.
PARIS, February 24, 2011 - - Second half 2010: - Sales of 4,845 million euros, up by 20% - Operating margin level(1) at 6.7% of sales - Net income of 197 million euros, at 4.1% of sales - Full year 2010: - Sales of 9,632 million euros, up by 28% - Operating margin level(1) at 6.4% of sales - Net income Group share of 365 million euros, or 3.8 % of sales - Net earnings per share at 4.86 euros - ROCE(4) higher than 32% - Strong generation of net cash flow(2) of 440 million euros - Decrease in net debt(3) of 444 million euros, at 278 million euros at December 31, 2010 - Record level of order intake of 12.5 billion euros - Proposed payment of dividend of 1.20 euros per share - 2011 Outlook: - Forecast growth of global automotive market of 5% - Objective: Valeo's outperformance versus the market in its main regions of production - Operating margin level(1) expected in 2011 slightly higher than that of 2010 The Valeo Board of Directors, meeting on February 24, 2011, approved the consolidated annual financial statements for the period ending December 31, 2010*: 2009 2010 Sales (MEUR) 7,499 9,632 of which OE sales (MEUR) 6,029 7,952 Operating margin(1) (in % of 1.8% 6.4% sales) EBITDA(5) (in % of sales ) 8.9% 11.9% Net income Group share (MEUR) (153) 365 Net income Group share (in % of -2.0% 3.8% sales ) Net earnings per share (EUR) (2.04) 4.86 Net cash flow(2) (MEUR) 99 440 Net financial debt(3) (MEUR) 722 278 ROCE(4) 7% 32% Jacques Aschenbroich, Valeo's Chief Executive Officer, declared: "Our 2010 results, with an operational performance ahead of the objectives set in the plan presented in early 2010, underline the pertinence of our strategy.
PARIS, February 23, 2011 - Valeo announced today the signing of an agreement with RHJ International SA and Nissan to acquire Niles, a Japanese automotive supplier which would reinforce Valeo's Comfort and Driving Assistance Systems Business Group.
- Fabienne de Brebisson Joins Valeo as Corporate Communications Director
- Valeo Files Record Number of Patents in 2010
- New Electric Demo Car Developed by Valeo and BAIC
- Signature of a Cooperation Agreement Between Valeo and Ibeo
- Moody's Affirms Valeo's Ba1 Rating and Upgrades its Outlook From "Stable" to "Positive"
- Valeo Revises Upwards its Operating Margin Level Guidance for 2010: the Group Forecasts a Second-Half Margin Level Higher Than That of the First Half
- Valeo Partners Modulowatt on its Project for Automatic Docking to a Battery Charging Station
- Valeo Full-LED Headlamps on Two Concept Cars
- Valeo and Orange Present an Innovative Concept for Easy Vehicle Sharing
- Valeo's New Multifunction Faceplate and Hands-Free Access and Start System to Equip the Future Peugeot 508
- A World First for Valeo's Park4U(R) on the New Volkswagen Touran and Sharan
- First Launch for Valeo's BeamAtic(R) Premium Lighting System With Volkswagen
- Valeo Unveils its Specific Technologies for Electric Vehicles Featured on its Show Car at the Paris Motor Show
- A World First for Valeo's 360Vue(R) System on the New Volkswagen Touareg
- Valeo-Ichikoh Alliance Equips the Nissan Leaf Electric Vehicle With LED Low Beam Headlamps
- Valeo Unveils its Electric Show Car at the Paris Motor Show
- Valeo Launches First Dual Direct Drive Wiper System on the Market
- Valeo Enters North American Automatic Transmissions Market With Torque Converter Produced in New Plant in Mexico
- Valeo Presents Visibility and Driving Assistance Technologies at the eSafety Challenge 2010
- Valeo: 2010 Combined Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- Valeo Announces Project to Sell Speed Controller Activity
- Valeo Presents New Strategic Plan and Medium-Term Financial Objectives
- Valeo Joins GENIVI Alliance for the Development of Vehicle Infotainment Solutions
- Valeo Acquires 100% of its Compressors Joint Venture in China