Clinical Trials / Medical Discoveries
PLEASANTON, California, December 16, 2011 - - The test confidently detects HLA-B*5701 to help decrease risk of abacavir hypersensitivity reaction Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today that its HLA-B*5701 screening test is now commercially available in Europe.
LEUVEN, Belgium and LUND, Sweden, December 16, 2011 - ThromboGenics NV (Euronext Brussels: THR) and co-development partner BioInvent International (OMXS: BINV) announce today that they have completed the enrolment of a 632-patient Phase IIb trial with their novel long-acting anticoagulant TB-402 (factor VIII inhibitor) for the prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism (VTE) after total hip surgery.
BOSTON, December 15, 2011 - Enlight Biosciences LLC announced today that it has formed new partnerships with AstraZeneca and Novo Nordisk.As partners in Enlight, AstraZeneca and Novo Nordisk will have the opportunity to collaborate and invest in the development of potentially transformational technologies with application to their therapeutic programs. Enlight was created by PureTech Ventures in partnership with major pharmaceutical companies and academic luminaries to proactively address critical unmet industry needs.
WEBSTER, Texas, December 15, 2011 - IDEV Technologies, Inc.
ZUTPHEN, The Netherlands, December 14, 2011 - It is part of Cryo-Save's educational program deployment to increase the awareness of stem cells therapy and regenerative medicine amongst healthcare professionals.
- Bright Light Therapy via Ear Canals Improved Reaction Times of Top Athletes in a Placebo-Controlled Psycho-Motoric Study
- Edoxaban Significantly Reduces Risk of Venous Thromboembolism by Half Compared to Enoxaparin in Japanese and Taiwanese Patients Following Knee or Hip Arthroplasty Surgery
- Pieris Presents Preclinical Data for PRS-080 Hepcidin Antagonist Anticalin(R) Program at ASH Annual Meeting
- Insomnia: A No-Drug Solution?
- ViroPharma’s Buccolam (Midazolam, Oromucosal Solution) now Available in the United Kingdom as Licenced Product for Emergency Treatment of Seizures in Children and Adolescents
- CHANGE PAIN Initiative: Patients and Physicians Benefit From Multidisciplinary Approach in Chronic Pain Management
- Landmark VISTA Trial Shows Significant Long-Term Overall Survival Benefit of VELCADE (Bortezomib) in Patients With Previously Untreated Multiple Myeloma
- Teva UK Limited Launches Generic Anti-obesity Drug Orlistat
- Evidence Base for VELCADE Builds as new Data is Presented at 53rd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- Shire Reports Results from Exploratory Study for Vyvanse as Adjunctive Therapy in Adults with Significant Cognitive Impairments with Partially or Fully Remitted Major Depressive Disorder
- Abbott Initiates Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Absorb Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold Compared to a Metallic Drug Eluting Stent
- Helsinn Initiates Extension Study in Late-Stage Anamorelin Clinical Program for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer-Associated Anorexia/Cachexia
- Biospace Lab Collaborates With ImaBio Group to Develop a Unique X-Ray Tomographic Module for its Preclinical Imaging System
- New Data Identifies Stretta Mechanism in the Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Impact of Early Insulin Initiation on Glycemic Control in Asian People with Type 2 Diabetes
- Medivir - TMC435 Will Be Evaluated in a Phase II Combination Study With daclatasvir (BMS 790052) for HCV Genotype-1 Patients
- The Genopole/IFRIS "Life Science in Society" Colloquium: The Industrialization of Biology and its Impact on Research
- Eurartesim (dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine) ACT to Combat Malaria Receives Marketing Authorization From EMA
- Roche NimbleGen and BGI Develop Advanced MHC Region Capture Technology for Human Disease and Biomedical Research
- Health Robotics @ ASHP: Unrivaled Oncology Experience and 2nd Generation i.v.STATION With Auxiliary Robot Arm
- Philips Receives FDA Clearance to Market Its First Whole Body PET/MR Imaging System in the United States
- NICE Issues Updated Guidance for MR Guided Focused Ultrasound for Uterine Fibroids
- A New Type of Dendritic Cell-Based Cancer Vaccine has Received Approval for Clinical Tests and at the Same Time Secures Substantial Financing
- Cryo-Save is Proud to Announce the Achievement of 200,000 Samples Stored From Umbilical Cord Blood and Umbilical Cord Tissue
- Shire Announces Regulatory Filings in US and EU for New Manufacturing Facility
- Convergence Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase I Multiple Ascending Dose Study for CNV2197944
- ResearchMoz: Ophthalmic Devices Market to 2017 - Glaucoma and Cataract Surgery Devices, Minimally Invasive Procedures in Ophthalmic Surgery to Drive the Ophthalmic Surgery Market
- Merck Serono: CHMP Gives Positive Opinion for Extended Indication for Rebif to Treat Patients With Early Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
- New research points to benefits of innovative cobas HPV test for primary screening as England’s cervical cancer screening programme includes the test in current HPV "triage" rollout
- Almirall Starts Phase III for Aclidinium and Formoterol in COPD
- Sunshine Biopharma Announces Successful Completion of Preclinical Studies for Adva-27a, the Company’s Lead Anti-Cancer Compound
- Boston Scientific Begins Marketing Remote Catheter System in Europe Through Exclusive Agreement With Catheter Robotics
- Pieris Announces Results and Successful Completion of its PRS-050 Anticalin Phase I Trial at AACR-EORTC-NCI Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics Conference
- Break-Through Invention for Treating Cancer - Australian Biotech Company Awarded European Patent
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Announces Highlights from Zerenex (ferric citrate) Poster Presentations at American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week 2011 Annual Meeting