Sunshine Biopharma Announces Successful Completion of Preclinical Studies for Adva-27a, the Company’s Lead Anti-Cancer CompoundBy Sunshine Biopharma Inc., PRNE
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
MONTREAL, November 16, 2011 -
Sunshine Biopharma Inc. (OTCBB: SBFM) a development stage pharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of drugs for the treatment of various forms of cancer, today announced that it has successfully completed the preclinical studies for Adva-27a, the Company’s lead oncology drug candidate. Adva-27a was found to have unique pharmaceutical properties of substantial clinical interest. In summary, the results to date have shown that:
- Adva-27a is 16-times more effective at killing multidrug resistant breast cancer cells than Etoposide, the drug currently in use.
- Adva-27a is unaffected by P-Glycoprotein, the enzyme responsible for making cancer cells resistant to anti-tumor drugs.
- Adva-27a has excellent clearance time (half-life = 54 minutes) as indicated by human microsomes stability studies.
- Adva-27a clearance is independent of Cytochrome P450, a mechanism that is less likely to produce toxic intermediates.
- Adva-27a is an excellent inhibitor of Topoisomerase II with an IC50 of only 13.7 micromolar.
- Adva-27a has shown excellent pharmacokinetics profile as indicated by studies done in rats.
- Adva-27a’s initial indication will be multidrug resistant breast cancer for which there are little or no treatment options.
“We are now ready to move to the next stage in our Adva-27a drug development program,” said Dr. Steve N. Slilaty, President and CEO of Sunshine Biopharma. “In this stage we will conduct GMP manufacturing of Adva-27a and then use the material to perform the so-called IND-enabling studies, following which we will file our IND Application and proceed to doing Phase I clinical trials,” he added. Dr. Slilaty also stated, “We are delighted to have completed this milestone and are looking forward to the challenges ahead leading to our ultimate goal of improving the quality of life for cancer sufferers.”
Safe Harbor Forward-Looking Statements
To the extent that statements in this press release are not strictly historical, including statements as to revenue projections, business strategy, outlook, objectives, future milestones, plans, intentions, goals, future financial conditions, future collaboration agreements, the success of the Company’s development, events conditioned on stockholder or other approval, or otherwise as to future events, such statements are forward-looking, and are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The forward-looking statements contained in this release are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made.
For further information:
Camille Sebaaly, CFO
Sunshine Biopharma Inc.
Direct Line: +1-514-814-0464
Tags: Montreal, November 16, Quebec, Sunshine Biopharma Inc.