WILMINGTON, Delaware, December 15, 2011 - Effective Feb.
GENEVA, December 13, 2011 - Number of donated tablets doubled to around 50 millionper year Merck Serono, a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, today announced its intention to further boost its efforts in the fight against the tropical disease schistosomiasis and to continue until the disease has been officially eliminated in Africa.
NEW YORK, December 13, 2011 - The African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) applauds the progress announced today in the World Health Organization's 2011 World Malaria Report, which finds a 26% drop in global malaria deaths since the year 2000, and a more than five percent drop in the past year.
SINGAPORE, December 13, 2011 - - In-depth report compares progress of air travel, industry and trade development within newly independent countries Timor-Leste, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo and South Sudan OAG, the global leader in aviation intelligence and a UBM Aviation brand, today released the OAG New Countries Report, which explores the crucial role air travel plays in the economic development and stability of newly independent countries and provides in-depth analyses of the five countries that have gained independence since 2000: Timor-Leste, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo and South Sudan.
ABUJA, Nigeria, December 9, 2011 - Faced with ongoing challenges of self-censorship, poor quality information, and political agenda dominating the news industry in Nigeria, the founders of Nigeria Intel are proud to announce the launch of an exciting new platform that will seek to promote high quality, independent journalism in the public interest.
- 100 Tonnes of Food Ready for Somalia / Human Plus e.V. Urgently Seeking Partners for Distribution on Location
- Smarter Investment in Agriculture Needed to Help Africa Feed Itself
- Increased Mobile Broadband Spectrum Vital for Africa’s Socio-economic Development, Says GSMA
- Populis Ranked Number 7 Fastest Growing Technology Company on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA 2011
- Gateway to Africa
- Ford Foundation Appoints Maurice Makoloo to Lead Its Eastern Africa Office
- Ford Foundation Announces Jubilee Transparency Award Winners
- SOS Children’s Villages Uses sQuid’s Smart Card Technology for Kenyan aid Distribution Programme During Famine
- Africa is on the up: Cox & Kings’ New 2012 Africa Brochure Embraces the Increasing Demand for Flexible Travel
- One World VIP-Award for Wangari Maathai Posthumously Presented in Nairobi
- Lonely Planet Recommends Ukraine as Your 2012 Tourist Destination
- Objet Strengthens its Emerging Markets Business with Four Strategic Appointments
- National Bank of Kenya Selects Misys to Drive Down Cost/Income Ratio and Maintain its Competitive Lead
- The Untold Story: Famine Avoided
- Dr. Livingstone’s Secret 1871 ‘Massacre’ Diary Recovered
- Bill Gates Accepts Hunger Award, Says Focus on Poor Farmers "More Important Than Ever"
- Paystream Partners with SOS Children’s Villages to Facilitate Cashless Payments in Drought Affected Kenya
- Marseille Provence-Alpes-Ctes d’Azur, Capital of the Mediterranean Economy for a Week
- Eric Hanna Appointed CEO of Grey Group MENA
- Globeleq Signs Expansion Agreement for Cote d’Ivoire Plant
- Investing in African Mining Indaba and South African Airways Announce Strategic Partnership for the 2012 Annual Event
- Turner Broadcasting Launches Cartoonito in Africa
- Nobel Prize Winner Connected to Peace-Church Tradition
- African Leaders Malaria Alliance Congratulates President Sirleaf on Nobel Prize Honor
- Eleven Women Scientists Announced as Winners of Elsevier Foundation OWSD Awards
- DHL Launches New Ocean Freight Lanes to Africa
- Eko Rail’s Trains Begin Journey to Lagos
- DHL Regional Chief Bags Africa Innovation Accolade
- GSMA Study Into Africa Shows Kenyan Economy has Benefited From Removal of Mobile-Specific Taxation
- IBM Boosts Africa Expansion With New Angola Office
- Hyper-Endemic Typhoid in Africa Takes Spotlight at Cannes
- Wilshire Associates Names Ted Vivian Managing Director of Wilshire Analytics, EMEA Region
- MultiChoice and Pace Bring New Digital TV Options to Africa
- Voyages Jules Verne Launches New No Single Supplement Brochure
- Augere Brings Broadband to Heart of Africa With Rwandan Expansion