THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, August 11, 2011 - Growth offset by unfavorable currency movements and anticipated exceptional charges Underlying earnings before tax of EUR 401 million; growth offset by unfavorable currency movements (EUR 44 million), higher provisioning for longevity in the Netherlands (EUR 23 million) and UK customer redress charges (EUR 14 million) Net income amounts to EUR 404 million, supported by realized gains on investments Return on equity of 8.0% in the first half year of 2011 Continuedstrongsales in fee-based businesses in line with strategic focus Total sales decline to EUR 1.3 billion, due mainly to unfavorable currency movements New life sales total EUR 431 million; declines in the Americas and the UK following repricing of products Gross deposits amount to EUR 6.7 billion, supported by strong variable annuity and pension deposits Strong capital position and healthy cash flows Excess capital of EUR 1 billion at the holding after full repurchase of core capital securities from Dutch State IGD solvency ratio of ~200% reflection of strong capitalization Capital base ratio of 73%; full repurchase of core capital securities partly offset by retained earnings Operational free cash flow of EUR 283 million Statement of Alex Wynaendts, CEO "During the second quarter, we made solid progress in delivering on AEGON's key strategic priorities, not least of which was the completion of repayment to the Dutch State.
CAMARILLO, California, August 11, 2011 - All amounts are in U.S.
LONDON, August 16, 2011 - Preview of new MindManager 2012 product and Mindjet solution set, best-practice session and hands-on demonstration lab WHAT: The MindManager revolution continues with the launch this Autumn of the new MindManager 2012.
HELSINKI and BERGEN, Norway, August 11, 2011 - Valkee (valkee.com), inventor of the world's first bright-light headset, and scientists from the University of Oulu will present new findings on human brain's photosensitivity at the Scandinavian Physiology Society Annual Meeting 2011, August 12-14.
LONDON, August 11, 2011 - - A Comprehensive Bundle of IT Services for Growing SMBs - Iconnyx unveils its Quick Start Cloud solution - a complete outsourced IT managed service powered by cloud-based systems - and wins its first Quick Start Cloud client Paragon Personnel.
- OnLive’s Revolutionary Cloud Gaming Service Hits the UK on 22nd September
- Compound Management and Integrity Goes Online
- GSMA Names Anne Bouverot Director General
- 90% of Commuters Vote for Conference Calling to Avoid Olympic Congestion
- AEGON CEO Interviewed on Q2 2011 Results
- Mobile Interactive Group Announces Global Partnership With Skype
- LTE Development Testing Made Easy With Anite’s Development Toolset
- VeraLight Announces CE Mark Approval of the SCOUT DS for Noninvasive Diabetes Screening
- All in Print China 2011 Show Preview Conference Held in Shanghai
- CORRECTION - Mindjet (UK) Ltd: Mindjet Revolution Roadshow
- ‘The Mobile Payment by Volume Transactions Will Grow to $150 Billion by End of 2011′ Says Visiongain’s Latest Report
- Laptop Pioneers Apple Find Themselves Copied by Counterfeit Stores
- Bedroom Expert, Feather & Black Announced as National Business Awards Finalist
- Sean Creamer Named Chief Operating Officer, Arbitron Inc.
- Day4 Energy Concludes Module Manufacturing Agreement With PV Products of Styria, Austria
- Campaign Attribution Solution Launched, Which has Already Identified Savings on Average Over 30% of Media Spend
- Business Monitor International Releases the Latest Analysis of Japan’s Post-crisis Economy
- Wave Crest Names Chris Mason as Managing Director, Europe
- Safe Communications Launches Its New Child Safe Video Chat
- Fannie Mae Redemption
- New Technology Makes Credit Cards Safe From Online Fraud
- Global Standardization for Alzheimer’s Biomarkers Moves a Major Step Closer to Reality
- Infosys BPO Positioned in Leaders Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Comprehensive Finance and Accounting BPO, Global
- Trimega Laboratories Sponsors National Children and Adult Services Conference
- Stress Less, Sleep More, Go to Your App Store
- Mazda Debuts New Vibrant Online Ad Technology to Promote its Full Range of Cars
- Guernsey House Prices Continue Upward Trend, Reports Skipton International
- AuRico Gold Reports Continued Strong Performance in the Second Quarter
- Braskem Reports Record EBITDA of R$1.2 Billion in 2Q11
- Crescent Point Energy Corp. Announces Second Quarter 2011 Results, $200 Million Increase in 2011 Capital Expenditures Budget and Upwardly Revised Exit Guidance
- Envipco Launches Innovative Compacting Technology in the European RVM Deposit Market
- Top 50 Movers and Shakers Named in RISI’s 2011 Global Pulp and Paper Power List
- Telephone Systems International and Ehsanollah Bayat Defeat US$400 Million Claim Brought by Lord Michael Cecil, Stuart Bentham and Alexander Grinling Bringing 9 Years of Litigation to a Close
- SocInteract: Socialize For Somalia
- Celtic Minerals Provides Update on Crater Mountain Project