NAIROBI, Kenya, December 5, 2011 - Soil fertilizer subsidy programmes run by many African governments are heading for failure unless Integrated Soil Fertility Management and good agricultural practice are promoted at the same time, says the Africa Soil Health Consortium (ASHC), a group of scientific and agricultural experts led by the international science and development organization, CABI.
NAIROBI, Kenya, November 29, 2011 - - Release of Spectrum Is Set to Generate an Additional US$82 billion in GDP Per Year and Help Lift 40 Million Sub-Saharan Africans Out of Poverty by 2025 ATU Digital Migration and Spectrum Policy Summit, Nairobi: The GSMA today announced that greater allocation of spectrum for Mobile Broadband is vital for the economic and social development of sub-Saharan Africa.
NAIROBI, Kenya, November 17, 2011 - SOS Children's Villages Kenya has selected sQuid's smartcard payments service to help villagers affected by drought and famine, obtain food directly from local shops.
NAIROBI, Kenya, BONN and LEGAU, Germany, November 15, 2011 - The late Prof.
NAIROBI, Kenya, November 4, 2011 - Anti-poverty campaign group ONE today launched a new short film about the food crisis in the Horn of Africa as part of its Hungry No More campaign.
- GSMA Study Into Africa Shows Kenyan Economy has Benefited From Removal of Mobile-Specific Taxation
- Media Statement of Abdulkadir Nur Regarding Recent Associated Press Allegations
- JM Eagle CEO’s Dream of Delivering Clean Water to Rural African Villages Nears Realization
- Africa: What’s Your Story
- A24 Media Signs New Deal to Represent ITN Source Archive Footage in Africa
- UN Refugee Agency Launches Inaugural Somali Community Event in Kenya
- Breakthrough for Impact Investing in Africa, as LeapFrog Invests $14M in Insurer Apollo
- Leading logistics giant enhances focus on core sectors as they become key economic drivers
- Third award win for DHL's outstanding performance in the region's air cargo sector
- Renewable Energy in Africa
- STRABAG Receives World Bank Support for Nairobi Toll Road Project
- A24 Media - Our Story 2010
- Five Additional Companies Recognized Amongst Field of 2,700 Entries
- Companies from Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa and Uganda Compete for US $350,000 in Prize Funds to be Awarded to Africa's Most Innovative and Inspiring Entrepreneurs. 10 Finalists Selected From More Than 2,700 Entries.
- Coca-Cola(R), Vestergaard Frandsen and Water For All Work Together to Provide First Major Shipment of LifeStraw(R) Water Filters to Matungula District
- Finacle 10 for Banking Transformation and Finacle Inclusion Solution to Power Innovation for Banks in the Region
- NAVTEQ expands African map coverage with the +200 000 kilometres and +23 000 Points of Interest
- Media Statement Regarding Expected United Nations Somalia Sanctions Committee Report
- HRH Princess Haya Seeks Food Aid for Kenya
- Eto'o & Cameroon Help Launch Strategic Partnership to Support the 2010 International Year of Biodiversity
- UNIFEM Launches Global Action Platform to End Violence Against Women
- UN-HABITAT Chooses 67 Global Urban Youth Groups to Share First US$1-Million Opportunities Fund Grant
- More than 60 Countries Form New Global Alliance to Increase Access to Financial Services
- Global Health Advocates Call For Pan-African Voices to Speak Up
- Urban youth to benefit from UN-HABITAT’s US$2-million Opportunities Fund