eXo Kicks Off Training World TourBy Exo, PRNE
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, October 13, 2011 -
The company pioneering the development of social intranets is enabling developers around the world to push their skills into the cloud.
- Five days of training will be offered in eight cities around the world budurl.com/g7tf
- Hands-on experience building intranets with social networking, activity streams, and more
eXo, the enterprise Java portal and cloud user experience platform (UXP) company, today announced the eXo Training World Tour. Taking place between October 2011 and April 2012, these week-long events will enable developers to gain hands-on experience with eXo Platform 3.5, eXo Cloud IDE and other eXo technologies-all the while expanding their understanding of social intranet architecture, design, development, deployment and administration.
“We’re seeing real momentum in the uptake of eXo Platform and eXo Cloud IDE,” said Benjamin Mestrallet, founder and CEO of eXo. “Developers around the world know that the websites and intranets they build going forward are going to have to incorporate key real-time tools such as Facebook- and Twitter-like collaboration, social networking, activity streams, enterprise wikis, and more. eXo has the tools today that can help them accomplish that, and our Training World Tour provides an unequalled opportunity for developers to take their skills and understanding to a new level.”
Training Program Highlights
The eXo training program will be delivered by expert certified trainers who work closely with eXo engineering teams as well as customers and partners. Sessions are held in an interactive, hands-on setting where students will learn essential skills and best practices for building social intranets and websites with eXo Platform. Two course tracks will be offered sequentially:
- eXo Fundamentals (2 days): This course introduces the key benefits and features of eXo Platform. Participants will learn how to set up, access and use the core features, gain experience with the rich website and social intranet sample applications, and find answers to the most common questions.
- eXo Developer (3 days): Learn how to effectively customize eXo solutions to support POCs and deployments. Prerequisite: successful completion of an eXo Fundamentals training course.
For more information, including registration details and pricing, please visit the eXo training tour website at budurl.com/g7tf.
Training World Tour
The eXo Training World Tour will visit locations around the globe, including the following:
- Madrid, Spain. Week of October 31st, 2011
- Berlin, Germany. Week of November 21st, 2011
- Paris, France. Week of February 6th, 2012
Middle East and Africa
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Week of December 11th, 2011
- Tunis, Tunisia. Week of January 23rd, 2012
- Singapore. Week of January 16th, 2012
- Tokyo, Japan. Week of April 23rd, 2012
- San Francisco, California. Week of March 12th, 2012
Additional cities and dates will be announced in the coming weeks. Both the eXo Fundamentals and eXo Developer course offerings will be delivered in each location, and participants will receive a certification of attendance. For more information, including registration details and training venues, please visit the eXo training tour website at budurl.com/g7tf.
Additional Online Resources
- eXo University webinar series for developers; budurl.com/arpm
- eXo Introduces Early Adopter Program for eXo Platform 3.5 Beta; budurl.com/9qpr
- eXo Cloud IDE Gives Developers an On-Ramp to VMware Cloud Foundry PaaS; budurl.com/sr48
- eXo Cloud IDE First to Support Java, Direct PaaS Deployments for Developers; budurl.com/u3gs
- eXo Extends Enterprise Portals to the Cloud; budurl.com/s3um
For more information on eXo, please visit exoplatform.com. For additional perspectives, please visit and subscribe to eXo RSS blog feeds at blog.exoplatform.org/. Follow eXo on Twitter at @exoplatform.
eXo offers the first and only user experience platform for Java. The eXo Platform makes Java websites and applications faster to build and easier to deploy, and offers modern features such as content, collaboration, social and knowledge on a services-based architecture. The eXo Cloud IDE offers a multi-tenant hosted development environment that enables the collaborative creation of applications based on HTML, Java, Groovy, Spring, PHP, Ruby and more-all of which can be deployed directly to a PaaS environment. The company has established technology leadership and proven value by their large European installed base and strategic partnerships with Red Hat and Bull. eXo maintains U.S. headquarters in San Francisco, Calif. with global headquarters in France and offices in Tunisia, Ukraine and Vietnam. For news and updates from eXo, follow blog.exoplatform.org/ and @exoplatform.
All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Dottie O’Rourke of TECHMarket Communications, +1-650-344-1260, eXoteam at TECHMarket.com, for eXo
Tags: california, Exo, Facebook, October 13, San francisco