MarketsandMarkets: Energy Storage Technologies Market is Expected to Reach $61.9 Billion by 2016By Marketsandmarkets, PRNE
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
DALLAS, October 26, 2011 -
According to the new market research report “Advanced Energy Storage Technologies by Type, Applications and Strategic Opportunities (2011-2016) [ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/high-power-energy-storage-advanced-technologies-and-global-market-research-95.html ]“ published by MarketsandMarkets, global energy storage technologies market is expected to grow at almost double-digit CAGR from 2011 to 2016.
Browse 60 market data tables with 18 figures and in-depth TOC on Advanced Energy Storage Technologies by Type, Applications and Strategic Opportunities (2011-2016)
Early buyers will receive 10% customization on report.
Flywheel-based technology is receiving grants from government for its development and installations. For example, U.S. based Beacon Power Corporation received $2.25 million from U.S. Department of Energy for development of flywheel energy storage system; which is also boosting growth in the market.
Capacitor-based energy storage is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% due to growing capacitor applications in transportation and electronics segment. The growing flat panel display, digital camera, and consumer electronics market are driving growth in capacitor-based storage technologies. Battery storage technology is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% due to growing market for lithium ion batteries and adoption of NiMH batteries in automotive applications.
The major drivers for energy storage technologies market [ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/high-power-energy-storage-advanced-technologies-and-global-market-research-95.html ] are identified as energy arbitrage across the globe, government funding and grants, growing smart grid infrastructure development, growing market for hybrid vehicles, and enhanced performance. The capital intensive nature of energy storage technologies combined with environmental concerns over safe disposal of batteries offer little resistance towards adoption of energy storage technologies. The opportunities are cited in renewable energy integration and focus on lithium ion technology development.
Other Reports by MarketsandMarkets
- Lactic Acid Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/polylacticacid-387.html
- Solar Power Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/solar-energy-298.html
- Food Safety Testing Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/food-safety-365.html
- Frozen Food Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/global-frozen-and-convenience-food-market-advanced-technologies-and-global-market-130.html
- Smart and Intelligent Packaging Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/smart-packaging-324.html
Upcoming Market Research by MarketsandMarkets
- Construction Chemicals Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/construction-chemicals-market-491.html
- Lubricant Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/lubricant-market-495.html
- Lithium-Ion Batteries Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/lithium-ion-batteries-market-414.html
- Wheat Flour Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/wheat-market-359.html
- UK Top Chemical Distributors @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/uk-chemical-355.html
MarketsandMarkets is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world.
MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services. MarketsandMarkets covers thirteen industry verticals; including advanced materials, automotives and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, energy and power [ www.marketsandmarkets.com/energy-power-supplies-market-research-4.html ], food and beverages, industrial automation, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website www.marketsandmarkets.com.
7557 Rambler Road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231
MarketsandMarkets Blog @ www.marketsandmarketsblog.com/
Tags: Dallas, MarketsandMarkets, October 26, texas