LONDON, December 16, 2011 - - Forecasts Indicate That By 2015, There Will Be More Than 200 Live LTE Networks Using 38 Spectrum Frequency Combinations The GSMA's Wireless Intelligence service has issued a report indicating that the global adoption of LTE services risks being hampered by device interoperability issues unless harmonised spectrum band plans can be achieved. The new report - Global LTE Network Forecasts and Assumptions - One Year On - predicts that there will be 38 different spectrum frequency combinations used in LTE deployments by 2015, a fragmented scenario fuelled by ongoing spectrum auctions, licence renewals and re-farming initiatives across a wide range of frequency bands.
LONDON, December 14, 2011 - - GSMA Event Places New Focus on Burgeoning Market for NFC Technologies and Services The GSMA today announced that it will hold the new GSMA NFC & Mobile Money Summit October 22-25, 2012 at the Milano Congressi in Milan.
BRUSSELS, December 8, 2011 - - Mobile Communication Is a Key European Industry, Comparable to Aerospace and Larger than Pharmaceuticals with Total Revenues of euro 174 Billion in 2010; By Matching US ICT Investment Levels Europe Could Add euro 760 Billion to the Region's GDP by 2020 The GSMA today released the European edition of its Mobile Observatory series, which provides a snapshot of the latest statistics and market developments, as well as a reference point for interested stakeholders in the mobile industry, including policy makers and regulators.
NAIROBI, Kenya, November 29, 2011 - - Release of Spectrum Is Set to Generate an Additional US$82 billion in GDP Per Year and Help Lift 40 Million Sub-Saharan Africans Out of Poverty by 2025 ATU Digital Migration and Spectrum Policy Summit, Nairobi: The GSMA today announced that greater allocation of spectrum for Mobile Broadband is vital for the economic and social development of sub-Saharan Africa.
HONG KONG, November 16, 2011 - Mobile Health Will Be a Major Driver of the Connected Life with a Market Opportunity in Asia Pacific of US$7 Billion by 2017 Mobile Asia Congress -- The GSMA, in partnership with Machina Research, today announced that the growth of connected devices is booming in Asia Pacific, with the region expected to be the biggest market by 2020 with over 11 billion total connected devices(1), and within that, almost 5.6 billion mobile connected devices(2), accounting for a 47 per cent market share and far outstripping Europe (19.1 per cent) and North America (9.4 per cent).
- Mobile NFC Gains Momentum as Operators Worldwide Pledge Support for SIM-Based Solution
- Global Mobile Connections to Reach Six Billion Milestone, With Asia Pacific Accounting for Half, Reports GSMA
- GSMA Energy Efficiency Methodology Incorporated in ITU’s New Global Standard
- Africa Now the World’s Second Largest Mobile Market, Reports GSMA
- GSMA Launches Mobile Health University Challenge
- GSMA Global Benchmark Study Into Mobile-Specific Taxation Shows Consumers Pay More Tax Today Than in 2007
- GSMA Announces New Developments at Mobile Asia Congress 2011
- GSMA Announces Mobile Asia Expo 2012
- GSMA Announces That the Proliferation of Connected Devices Will Create a US$1.2 Trillion Revenue Opportunity for Mobile Operators by 2020
- GSMA Announces New Keynote Speakers for Mobile World Congress 2012
- GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards to Recognise Technical Innovation in the Mobile App Sector
- GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards to Recognise Mobile Innovation in the Publishing Sector
- GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards to Recognise Social and Economic Development in the Green Sector
- GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards to Recognise Technologies for Safeguarding and Empowering Customers
- GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards to Recognise Mobile Innovation for Education or Learning
- GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards to Recognise Innovation in the Mobile Health Sector
- GSMA Research Shows Mobile Users Rank Privacy as an Important Concern When Using Applications and Services
- GSMA Study Into Africa Shows Kenyan Economy has Benefited From Removal of Mobile-Specific Taxation
- Allocating Digital Dividend Spectrum for Mobile Broadband Could Contribute Up to US$15 Billion to the Latin American Economy
- Leading Mobile Executives to Keynote at GSMA Mobile Asia Congress 2011
- GSMA Announces Call for Entries for 17th Annual Global Mobile Awards
- GSMA Outlines New Developments For Mobile World Congress 2012
- GSMA Names Anne Bouverot Director General
- A 10% Increase in Mobile Broadband Penetration Will Generate US $80 Billion (INR 3,506 Billion) in Extra Revenue for India’s Transport, Healthcare and Education Sectors, Says GSMA
- GSMA Names Barcelona the First Mobile World Capital
- GSMA Announces Keynote Speakers for Mobile Asia Congress 2011
- Value of Taiwanese Mobile Broadband Industry to Reach TWD333 Billion (US$11.6 Billion) in 2015
- Data Roaming Prices Continue to Fall Across the European Union
- CORRECTION - GSMA: Data Roaming Prices Continue to Fall Across the European Union
- Huawei Joins GSMA PathFinder Partner Programme
- GSMA Mobile Media Metrics Report Issued on UKMobile Applications Usage
- GSMA Announces mFarmer Initiative Fund
- Demand for Mobile Broadband Drives HSPA Past 500 Million Connections as the Mobile Data Revolution Continues
- GSMA Announces Departure of CEO Rob Conway
- Telecom Italia Hosts GSMA Board Meeting in Venice