Turkcell Extraordinary General Assembly Dated August 11, 2011By Turkcell, PRNE
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
ISTANBUL, August 11, 2011 -
Turkcell (NYSE: TKC, ISE: TCELL), the leading communications and technology company in Turkey, held its Extraordinary General Assembly of shareholders at the Company’s headquarter at 3.00 pm on August 11, 2011. It subsequently announced today that among the agenda items and as a result of the voting held during the meeting:
- The Presidency Board was not authorized to sign the minutes of the meeting.
- The Balance Sheet and Profit/Loss Statements relating to fiscal year 2010 were not approved.
- The Board members were not released in respect of the Company’s activities and operations of the fiscal year 2010.
- The auditors (statutory) were not released in respect of the Company’s activities and operations of the fiscal year 2010.
- The Board of Directors’ recommendation to distribute a dividend of 75% from the fiscal year 2010 profits was not approved.
Pertaining to the agenda item on the election of auditors for a period of one year and determination of their remuneration; Faika Bozkaya and Ertan Mitap were elected as Turkcell’s statutory auditors for a year without being paid any remuneration.
Turkcell is the leading communications and technology company in Turkey with 34.1 million subscribers and a market share of approximately 54% as of June 30, 2011 (Source: Operator’s announcements and excluding the impact of the change in prepaid churn periods in Q2 2011). Turkcell is a leading regional player, with market leadership in five of the nine countries in which it operates with it’s approximately 61.7 million subscribers as of June 30, 2011. The company covers approximately 85% of the Turkish population through its 3G and 99.07% through its 2G technology supported network. It has become one of the first among the global operators to have implemented HSDPA+ and achieved a 42.2 Mbps speed using the HSPA multi carrier solution. Turkcell reported a TRY2.3 billion (US$1.5 billion) net revenue with total assets of TRY15.5 billion (US$9.5 billion) as of June 30, 2011. It has been listed on the NYSE and the ISE since July 2000, and is the only NYSE-listed company in Turkey.
Read more at www.turkcell.com.tr
For further information please contact Turkcell
Koray Öztürkler, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer
Nihat Narin, Investor and International
Filiz Karagul Tuzun,
Tags: August 11, Istanbul, Turkcell, Turkey