Altera Showcases the Industry’s Latest Advancements in Broadcast Video Solutions at IBC 2011By Altera Corporation, PRNE
Sunday, September 4, 2011
AMSTERDAM, September 5, 2011 -
- Press kit materials are available online at www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/fx4i
From the latest advancements in video processing to the newest video connectivity and networking solutions, Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) will be demonstrating the industry’s next generation broadcast video solutions at IBC 2011 at RAI Congress Amsterdam, September 9 to 13. Visit Altera’s booth for demonstrations showing the widest range of FPGAs available for the broadcast industry. Altera’s leading programmable solutions offer the industry’s first and most comprehensive set of 28-nm device options-the Cyclone® V, Arria® V, and Stratix® V FPGA families-tailored to video applications and expanding system needs with optimal performance, lower power and reduced system costs.
What: IBC 2011 When: Friday, September 9 to Tuesday, September 13, 2011 Where: RAI Congress Amsterdam, Netherlands Visit Altera in Hall 5, Booth 5.A15
Product and Solution Demonstrations Include:
- Latest advancements in video processing
- Altera’s video image processing (VIP) framework, a video design methodology enhanced for multichannel high-definition (HD) and 4K video processing
- The latest HD video format conversion reference design, along with new system integration and debug tools to increase designers’ productivity and efficiency
- New video connectivity solutions
- HDMI and Display Port, extending Altera’s IP portfolio for digital video interfaces and integrated with Altera’s VIP framework for seamless design
- Diverse offering of Altera’s professional audio/video (A/V) applications that lower total system cost compared to some consumer ASSP alternatives
- New media transport solutions
- Reliable, high-bit-rate distribution of A/V services up to 3 Gbps over Internet Protocol (IP) and 10-Gbps Ethernet (10GbE) networks
- Video solutions developed in conjunction with the Video Service Forum (VSF), an international association dedicated to the development of interoperable video-networking technology, to meet the strictest Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) 2022 standards
- Configurable forward error correction (FEC) and scalable design
- Altera’s 28-nm Stratix V FPGA, the industry’s first device to feature 3.9 billion transistors packed onto an integrated circuit (IC)
- Built for video bandwidth, the device delivers the highest memory bandwidth and access efficiency for pristine 4K picture quality
- Highest DDR3 Frequency, up to 1067 MHZ
- Highest DDR3 bandwidth with up to 6x 72-bits-wide DDR3 ports
- Highest efficiency and lowest latency leveraging Altera’s multiport front-end technology developed for video applications
For additional information on Altera’s participation at IBC 2011, visit www.altera.com/education/events/europe/evt-ibc.
Altera® programmable solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost-effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Find out more about Altera’s FPGA, CPLD and ASIC devices at www.altera.com. Follow Altera via Facebook, RSS and Twitter.
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, HARDCOPY, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS and STRATIX words and logos are trademarks of Altera Corporation and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other words and logos identified as trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective holders as described at www.altera.com/legal.
Jenny Gendron, Altera Corporation, +1-408-544-7664, newsroom at altera.com
Tags: altera corporation, Amsterdam, Facebook, Netherlands, September 5