Food Ingredients Europe Announces the Finalists for the Excellence Awards 2011By Ubm Live, PRNE
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
PARIS, October 19, 2011 -
Food Ingredients Europe & Natural Ingredients, to be held in Paris from November 29th to December 1st, announced the finalists for the Fi Excellence Awards 2011. The Awards, organised every two years, recognises the major innovations in the food industry across six categories.
The winners will be announced on November 29th during the Awards ceremony, alongside the 25th anniversary celebration, at Novotel hotel in Roissy Charles-De-Gaulle. A unique opportunity for professionals to network and discover new market trends.
The Fi Excellence Awards 2011 recognises the professionals and companies for their ability to demonstrate and stimulate innovation and contribution to the industry.
The Fi Excellence Awards nominees are:
- Muntons - Maltichoc - to be used as a partial cocoa powder and chocolate replacer in baked goods.
- AIT Ingredients - VITALMALT SEIGLE - a “Clean Label” ingredient that advantageously replaces emulsifiers (E471, E481).
- National Starch Food Innovation - Homecraft Create GF20 - gluten-free flour is designed to meet the demands of bakery manufacturers and consumers. The product is proprietary functional flour based on tapioca and rice.
- Chr. Hansen A/S - Red Strawberry Fragaria 100 WS - The new patent pending carmine has superior process stability enabling a decrease of pigment concentration by 10 - 20% compared to standard carmine.
- IDI - cheasing’up - new technology and new proteins for cheese production.
- DSM - DELVOFRESH Sour Cream - the first portfolio of concept solutions to be launched under the umbrella, catering for regional trends in the global sour cream market.
- D.D. Williamson - Acid-Proof, Class One Caramel Colour (DDW 520) - Conventional Class One caramel colour is stable down to pH 3.5. DDW 520, stable below pH 2.5, is a breakthrough in soft drink concentrates.
- National Starch Food Innovation - Purity Gum- a unique emulsion stabilizing starch derived from waxy maize.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company - CLARISOY™ - the world’s only transparent soy protein that provides beverage manufacturers the ability to achieve an FDA ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ source of protein rating in qualifying transparent low pH beverages.
- Sotexpro - Texta Pois 65/70 - A new Textured Vegetable Protein (100% from Pea )
- Walter Rau Neusser Ol und Fett AG - Brata breaded coating MP 5808 and MP 5809 - help consumers to fight obesity, simplify processing, improve work safety, and reduce energy and vegetable oil consumption.
- Purac - PuraQ Arome NA4 - a breakthrough in clean label, natural solutions for sodium reduction in food.
- AAK - CEBES™ LS 75 - an unhydrogenated coating fat with a reduced content of saturated fatty acids.
- Purac - PURAC Powder MA - a revolutionary designed coated acid developed for the confectionery industry.
- Barry Callebaut - Terra Cacao - This revolutionary, all-natural, controlled fermentation technique method consistently produces top-quality cocoa with zero defects or off-flavors.
- Lyckeby Culinar AB - Culinar Include - an innovation especially designed to bring 100 % natural colours and flavours to breakfast cereals and muesli.
- Vis Vitalis gmbH - vis-vitalis®-Potato Mineral Flour - a completely new and natural food ingredient, which consists of a high quality natural minerals and trace elements obtained from potatoes, dolomite and quinoa sprouts.
For more information please visit www.FiEAwards.com
About Fi Europe & Ni 2011
Running since 1986, Fi Europe is the global meeting place for all stakeholders in the food ingredients industry. Over 500,000 people have attended the shows over the years, and billions of Euros of business has been done as a result. Fi Europe & Ni are held once every two years in a major European city and brings together the world’s leading food & beverage suppliers, R&D, production and marketing specialists.
Fi Europe & Ni 2011 will be held on 29 November - 1 December in Paris Nord Villepinte, France. The show has grown by 9% compared to 2009 and will feature more than 1,200 exhibitors from over 65 countries. The show offers priceless industry knowledge through wide range of conference modules, Exhibitor seminars, New Product Zone displays, Expert Innovation tours and more, covering the latest trends, industry issues and product innovations. For more information, visit www.ingredientsnetwork.com/FiEurope
About the organiser
UBM Live is a division of UBM plc., which is headquartered in London, UK. The office in the Netherlands is the organiser of the world leading Fi, Hi, CPhi and ICSE series of pharmaceutical and food ingredient trade shows. The Dutch office also publishes International Food Ingredients (IFI) magazine, organises related conference activities and has a rapidly growing online business.
Judith Martin-Tardivat, Judith at bprfrance.com, or Sophie Decaudin, sophie at bprfrance.com, both of Agence bpr France , +33-1-83-62-88-10
Tags: France, October 19, Paris, Ubm Live