Raytheon to Present Update on Current Situation of AESA Market at 9th Annual Military Radar ConferenceBy Defence Iq, PRNE
Sunday, August 21, 2011
LONDON, August 22, 2011 -
In the past year, radar technology has continued to evolve rapidly. The next generation of radar technology such as AESA, multi-static, through-wall and dual band radar systems are now an operational reality driving new platform and retrofit development. In addition, the demand for radar technology allowing 360 degree real time battlespace awareness has continued to increase driving research, development and procurement in the military radar sector.
Arnie Victor, Director of Strategy & Business Development in Tactical Airborne Systems, Space and Airborne Systems at Raytheon, will be speaking on this topic at the 9th Annual Military Radar (www.militaryradarconf.com) conference being held in London on 26-28 October 2011. As well as discussing the current status of F-15 AESA retrofit programme, Arnie Victor will also be scrutinising the benefits of AESA with particular focus on:
- Interoperability with other coalition AESA systems
- Maintainability and sustainability
- Through life reliability compared with previous generation mechanical radars
- Building on AESA - Radar Common Data Link - a partnership which turns AESA systems into high-powered communication nodes.
A podcast with Arnie Victor discussing this topic is available to download from the event website: www.militaryradarconf.com/Event.aspx?id=552946.
Arnie Victor will be joined by other keynote speakers at Military Radar, including:
- Captain Bradley Gardner, JSTAR, 116th Air Control Wing,US Air Force
- Squadron Leader Christopher Melville, 5 (AC) Squadron, Royal Air Force
- William Forrest, Business Development Manager, Research & Technology, Thales UK
- Master Sergeant Byron Halliburton Jr., Air Force Operational Technical ISR Programs Manager, US Air Force
- Vincent Sabio, Programme Manager, Information Innovation Office, DARPA.
The full Military Radar programme is available to download from the event website: www.militaryradarconf.com/Event.aspx?id=552946.
The 9th Annual Military Radar (www.militaryradarconf.com) will bring together key military and government decision makers from across the world and will provide an opportunity to interact with the UK and European military and industry radar experts.
Notes to Editors
The Military Radar (www.militaryradarconf.com/Event.aspx?id=552946) content library features complimentary reports, articles and podcasts.
The 9th Annual Military Radar conference will be held from 26-28 October 2011 at Sheraton Park Lane, London, United Kingdom - the conference programme is available for download at www.militaryradarconf.com/Event.aspx?id=552946.
Contacts: Charlotte Richards, Tel: +44(0)20-7368-9737, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: August 22, Defence IQ, London, United Kingdom