Retro Revival - Holiday Hotspots Back in Fashion Thanks to Pan AmBy Expedia.co.uk, PRNE
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
LONDON, November 24, 2011 -
With new series Pan Am hitting our screens this week, Expedia.co.uk has been inspired to take a look back at the airline that made holiday hotspots ‘hot’ and is back in fashion again today.
Take a step back in time with Expedia.co.uk ’s guide to the cities that have withstood the test of time, destinations that were swinging for the Pan Am crew and are still chic today, whatever your budget.
Rio de Janeiro
With its Bossa Nova beats and world-famous carnival, Rio has always been a playground for the fabulous and young at heart:
- Take the Buzios excursion - this former fishing village is now a charming town that’s home to cobblestone streets, art galleries and restaurants.
- Eat where the city’s unofficial theme tune was penned, have a steak at the ‘Garota de Ipanema’
- Book a massage at the Copacabana Palace Hotel spa.
Playboys and the rich and famous have always flocked to this tiny town for its glitzy casinos and grand Riviera setting, but it still has a lot to offer for those on a more modest budget:
- Hire a personalised chauffeur driven sightseeing tour. For reservations visit www.expedia.co.uk
- Follow in the footsteps of James Bond himself, try your luck in the famous casino
- To join the icons of the sports world, visit during the annual Monaco Grand Prix
Paris was as chic back in the sixties as it is today. A hub for the fashionable and discerning, the world’s style capital still epitomises class today:
- Book the Eiffel Tower’s incredible Restaurant 58. For reservations visit www.expedia.co.uk
- La Coupole, is one of the best places to go to discover the traditional French cuisine
- J’Go restaurant provides excellent food at a reasonable price - one of the best place to stay in Paris
The cultural capital of Italy is steeped in history and has always been a must-see destination for art and antique lovers the world over. To experience Rome like a local, Expedia destination experts suggest the following:
- To visit one of Italy’s most famous residents Michelangelo’s David head through the Umbrian and Tuscan countryside to Florence
- To admire dreamy coastlines board a steamer from Naples to the enchanting isle of Capri.
- For good luck throw a coin into the Trevi fountain, tucked away in a tiny piazza surrounded by jostling crowds
For further press information, please contact the Expedia press office team:
Email: expediapressoffice at golinharris.com
Tags: Expedia.co.uk, London, November 24, United Kingdom