VIENNA, May 11, 2011 - Telekom Austria Group Within Expectation of International Analysts, Reiteration of Its Outlook for Full-Year 2011 - In Q1 2011, revenue decline was further slowed down to 0.7% - Broadband drives growth of Austrian fixed net access lines - rapid rollout of GigaNet: by year-end 2011, ultra-high-speed broadband coverage will reach roughly 2.1 million Austrian households - Persistently strong demand for smartphones, mobile broadband customer base increased by 51.1% in Q1 2011 - The number of mobile subscribers rose by 5.7% exceeding the 20-million customer mark for the first time - Regulatory measures and higher operating expenses - especially for the marketing of smartphones - led to a decline in EBITDA comparable (-7.1%) - High acceptance of new social plans resulted in one-off restructuring costs of EUR 184.1 million leading to an operating loss in the first quarter of 2011 - Negative effects on earnings through social plans will bring operating loss on the accounting side, but personnel-related cost savings for the future - Development of Q1 2011 within expectation of 24 international Telco analysts - Outlook for the full-year 2011 was confirmed Telekom Austria Group's Key Financial Figures for the First Quarter of 2011 Financial Figures in EUR million Q1-2011 Q1-2010 +/- Fixed access lines (in Million) 2.32 2.31 0.5% Mobile subscribers (in Million) 20.08 19.00 5.7% Mobile broadband customers (in Million) 1.23 0.81 51.1% Group revenues 1,118.0 1,126.0 -0.7% EBITDA comparable 396.7 426.8 -7.1% EBIT -42.3 166.3 - Net result -79.2 91.2 - Capital expenditures 120.4 136.4 -11.7% Employees (end of the period) 17,162 16,637 3.2% In the first quarter of 2011, the Telekom Austria Group was able to further slow down the decline in revenues of the previous year; Group revenues decreased by 0.7% to EUR 1,118 million.
MONACO, May 11, 2011 - Cost savings and government incentives are the top influencers driving an increased focus on energy efficiency in buildings, according to the results of the second annual Johnson Controls Energy Efficiency Indicator (EEI) survey for Europe.
TOKYO, Japan and SYDNEY, Australia, May 11, 2011 - NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) and Frontline Systems Australia Pty Ltd (Frontline) jointly announced on May 11 that NTT Com will purchase 70% of the issued shares of the Australian firm, which provides IT infrastructure, IT consulting and managed services.
EDE, The Netherlands, May 11, 2011 - The 19th century artist Jan Bedijs Tom (1813-1894), a pupil of Andreas Schelfhout, is one of the finest painters of livestock of Dutch Romanticism.
PASADENA, California, May 11, 2011 - Today Bluebeam Software is launching Bluebeam PDF Revu 9 (www.bluebeam.se/) in German and Swedish.
- Helsinn Group Makes an Equity Investment for a Minority Interest in Thorne Research, Inc. and Plans to Jointly Commercialize Nutritional Supplement Products With Initial Focus on Meeting the Needs of People Living With Cancer
- Almac to Host Inaugural European Product Launch Workshop for US Biopharmaceutical Companies
- 'Because we Can't Track its ROI' - Middle East Brand Managers Claim Reason for Slow Adoption of Digital Marketing
- Global Leaders Aim to Prove Communication Industry's Value
- Vayant Travel Technologies Expands Its Leadership Naming Brannon Winn as CCO
- Count on Screwfix to Clean Up Your Bathroom Projects
- The Gateway Hotels and Resorts' First International Hotel is in Sri Lanka
- Meerkats Sing in Latest Comparethemeerkat Ad
- SynCo Bio Partners to Manufacture Syntaxin's SXN101959 Novel Drug for Treatment of Acromegaly
- MarketAxess Launches Electronic Trading of Preferred Stocks and Asset-Backed Securities
- Polyplus-Transfection and ExcellGene Enter Into a Supply Agreement for PEI-Based Transfection Reagents
- ECER Malaysia Woos International Investors At AIM 2011 In Dubai
- A Vital New Series of Diskeeper Webinars
- Syktyvkar Tissue Group OJSC (STG) Plans to Conduct its First Initial Public Offering on the MICEX at the End of May This Year
- PADICO HOLDING Announces the Issuance of the First Corporate Bonds in Palestine at a par Value of $70 Million
- Air China and Cathay Pacific Airways Consolidate Cargo Businesses
- Moevenpick Hotels & Resorts Opens Second Property in Thailand
- Cognizant's Engagement Spans Full Range of Retirement Plan Services from Enrollment to Distributions and Plan Management
- ECB's Interest Rate Hike Lifts Exporters' Confidence
- Philips Lite-On Digital Solutions and ConvenientPower Announce First Freedom in Positioning Technology in Universal Wireless Charging of Devices in Cars
- This Award is an Important Recognition of Italtel's Exceptional Expertise and Performance in the Development and Integration of Innovative Solutions for Service Providers in Latin America
- Phase 1 clinical study to assess safety and tolerability of SPC4955, a drug inhibiting synthesis of apolipoprotein B (apoB), a major protein component involved in the formation of LDL-C or "bad" cholesterol
- Stadium Design Event Confirms VIP Attendance From Members of Qatar 2022 Supreme Committee
- Members Offer Friendly Tips and Earn Money
- Technology Acquisition Ushers in New Paradigm of Technology Care Service 2.0
- UBM Asia to Organise Internationally Renowned Food Ingredients Asia 2011 and Thailand's First "Food Processing and Packaging Asia"
- Though Perceptions of Investment Safety Have Been Declining, 57 Percent of Americans Believe That Homeownership Has a Lot of Potential as an Investment, Ranking Higher Than Other Investments
- Augure Blends Social Engagement Into its Corporate Reputation Management Suite
- GAIN Capital Receives Regulatory Approval in China; Announces Plans for Beijing Office
- June Brings Die & Mould China, an Influential Asian Purchasing Platform, to Shanghai
- Ukraine Takes Over the Chairmanship of the Council of Europe's Committee of Ministers
- First Commercial-Grade, Cost-Effective Open Source Text Input Platform Cuts up to 75 per cent From Input Related Costs, While Delivering Enhanced User Experience
- Growing global customer base active in international Mediasite user groups and annual conference
- Spain Launches the Spanish Biotech Platform
- Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait is First to use Board Portal Technology for Effective Corporate Governance