Ubm Techweb Game Network
Finalists Vying for Video Game Industry's Preeminent Art Prize Compete at 13th Annual Independent Games Festival
SAN FRANCISCO, December 20, 2010 - The Independent Games Festival (IGF), the prestigious GDC-held video game industry event highlighting and awarding the talents of independent game developers, has announced the finalists for the 2011 Nuovo Award, which honors "abstract, short-form, and unconventional game development." Some of this year's finalists include unconventional party game Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally OK Now (B.U.T.T.O.N.), first-person dinner simulation title Dinner Date, Messhof's chunky 2-player fencing title Nidhogg, and zen-like tree simulation title Bohm.
SHANGHAI, December 16, 2010 - UBM TechWeb Game Network's third annual Game Developers Conference(TM) China (GDC China) concluded last week on Tuesday, December 7 at the Shanghai International Convention Center.
Nominations Open in All Categories Including Special Awards Honoring Gaming Professionals for Technological Breakthroughs, Advancing the Gaming Industry and Lifetime Achievement
SAN FRANCISCO, December 8, 2010 - The 2011 Game Developers Choice Awards, the most prestigious honors in the world of video game development, are now open for nominations through Jan.
SHANGHAI, December 5, 2010 - UBM TechWeb Game Network's third annual Game Developers Conference(TM) China (GDC China) begins today at the Shanghai International Convention Center.
SAN FRANCISCO, November 23, 2010 - On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 the Shanghai Lu Wan District People's Law Court of the People's Republic of China ruled in favor of the plaintiff, United Business Media LLC (UBM), against defendants Publishers Association of China Game Publication Committee (CGPA), and Beijing Howell International Trade Fair Co.
- GDC 2011 to Take Place February 28 - March 4, 2011 at San Francisco's Moscone Center; Event to Honor the Past, Present and Future of the Games Industry
- Proposals Welcome Through October 14 for 2011 Game Developers Conference Summit Content Including Debut of GDC Smartphone Summit
- Game Developers Conference Europe Concludes Successful 2010 Event
- Day Two of Game Developers Conference Europe 2010 Brings News From Industry Heavyweights Heiko Hubertz, Hermen Hulst, Eric Chahi and More
- GDC Europe 2010 Opens Its Doors for Developers of Online Social Games, Big Budget Titles, PC, Mobile and Console Games throughout Europe and the World
- Sessions Featured Industry Luminaries Warren Spector, Bo Wang, the Founders of BioWare and Many More
- ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THURSDAY, 8/12
- Creator of Upcoming Disney Epic Mickey to Headline GDC Europe
- Registration for Leading European Conference on Track to Exceed 2009 Total with High Response from North America and Europe
- IGF China Finalists to Compete for Up to RMB 20,000 and Awards in Five Categories in Follow up to Successful 2009 Event
- Key Figure Behind Guerrilla to Provide Attendees with Insight Gained From the Development and Production of the Highly Acclaimed Killzone Series
- Celebrated Developer Behind StarCraft, Warcraft and Diablo to Present GDC China Keynote
- 2011 Independent Games Festival Opens Submissions, Adds Mobile Category, Expands Experimental Focus
- Bo Wang debuts Discussion Outside of China on the Nation's Leading Internet Service Provider and Game Company
- GDC China Chengdu Forum Closes as Preparation Begins for GDC China in Shanghai
- Registration Opens for Europe's Leading Event for Game Development Professionals with First Sessions with Crytek, Playdom, Playfish, and Sony Europe announced
- Europe's Premier Development Conference Soliciting Submissions to Present Lectures and Panel Sessions Now Through April 23
- GDC 2011 RETURNS FEB 28TH-MARCH 4TH
- Twelfth Annual Independent Games Festival Announces Winners; Pocketwatch Games' Cooperative Adventure Caper, Monaco, Steals the Show, Along With the US$20,000 Grand Prize
- Creative Word-Wielding Adventure Game, Scribblenauts, Wins for Best Handheld Game and Innovation Award; Other Big Winners Include Batman: Arkham Asylum, Farmville, Flower and Torchlight
- Robust Schedule of Content at GDC10 to Offer Learning, Inspiration, and Networking for Creators in All Facets of Game Development, including Emerging Devices, Established Consoles, Flourishing Mobile Platforms and Everything In-between