BRUSSELS, December 15, 2011 - Christmas is a very busy time of year for Santa Claus! He has to get the sleigh ready, feed his reindeers, check his list to be sure he hasn't forgotten any good girls and boys… and make sure that the toys the elves have purchased are not only fun, but also safe! This is the goal of the European Toy Safety Campaign that the European Commission has launched this month; it intends to show how to get the safest toys, and how to use them safely! The campaign includes a video clip with toy safety tips, and introduces the 'CE marking'little robot who tests the toys in a vast toy shop to make sure they are safe for children to use, after the guard has done his last night round.
LONDON, December 15, 2011 - Car insurance brand for young drivers, ingenie, and Gary Lineker have produced a video to urge young drivers to stay safe on the road this Christmas. Lineker recommends not drinking at all before driving, following research revealing that 87%* of young drivers under the age of 24 killed or seriously injured in crashes in the UK, were over the legal alcohol limit. In the video - available online at www.ingenie.com - Lineker explains how many people underestimate the effects that alcohol has on their driving ability.
MUNICH, NEW YORK, and DOHA, Qatar, December 12, 2011 - First "Intercultural Innovation Award" at UN's 4th Alliance of Civilizations Forum in Doha The "BMW Group Award for Intercultural Innovation in cooperation with the Alliance of Civilizations under the auspices of the UN" was bestowed upon ten initiatives from around the world at the fourth UN Alliance of Civilizations Forum on December 12.
NEW DELHI, India, December 6, 2011 - India has a population of 1.1 billion people, with 40% living in urbanised areas of major cities.
CHESTER, England, December 5, 2011 - Drink driving conviction could increase car insurance by 85 per cent Motorists convicted of drink driving could see the cost of their car insurance premiums rise by 85 per cent on average, according to MoneySupermarket.com.
- AGT International Partners with China to Pilot Flood Early Warning System
- Cost of Motoring is Putting UK Lives at Risk Finds New Survey
- Honeywell Awarded 13.2-Million pounds Sterling Contract at Heathrow’s Terminal 2
- NHS Clinical Negligence Caused 8,000 Deaths in 13 Years
- Motorists Offered Advice for Safer Winter Driving
- Innovative Energy Combustion Certification Simulation Wins Major Industry Acclaim
- Latest Mobile Testing Device Targets Drug Drivers
- AGT International Introduces Transformational Urban Management Solutions to China’s Mayors
- Dorset Fire and Rescue Service Work With Community Partners to Reduce Fire Risk Across the County
- Confused.com Research Reveals the Decline of the Driving Test
- Watch Out for Winter Perils, Warns First4lawyers
- Costa Rica to Seek British Police Help Over Mysterious Disappearance
- Children are the UK’s Biggest Distraction to Drivers
- Costa Rica - 2 Years and Still No Answers in Search for Missing British Journalist
- African Leaders Malaria Alliance Congratulates President Sirleaf on Nobel Prize Honor
- MAAWG Hosts Joint European Meeting with LAP/EU CNSA; French Officials to Address Paris Summit on Spam and Malware
- PV Labs to Commercialize MDA’s Ice Camera Technology
- Child Safety Network App Nearparent Introduces Multiple Languages - Now Available in Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, German, and French
- Connect From Active Now Launched for the Fire and Rescue Service
- SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden’s Full Scale Tunnel Fire Tests May Aid in Addressing the Concerns of Safety in India
- Millions of Motorists on an Expensive Road to Disqualification
- NIKSUN’s Founder and CEO, Dr. Parag Pruthi, to Give Keynote Speech at NATO IA Symposium in Belgium
- Pioneering Research Using CorDEX Instruments’ Technology Aims to set new Integrity Management Standards
- Motorists on Course to Avoid Paying the Price for Speeding
- Don’t Blow Out Your Summer Party With a Bang
- UL Launches New Food Safety Initiative
- Media Statement of Abdulkadir Nur Regarding Recent Associated Press Allegations
- UL to Acquire Quality Assurance Business of STR Holdings, Inc.
- Could Cold Calling Claims Companies be in Breach of the Law?
- Bahrain Donates $3 Million of Humanitarian Aid to Somalia, Continues Efforts with Day-Long Donation Campaign
- UL Expands Presence in Medical Device Market With Acquisition of MDT
- Cellestis Responds to World Health Organization Guidance on Use of Blood Tests for Active Tuberculosis
- Zumba Steps Up Efforts to Combat Counterfeiting and Piracy
- elephant.co.uk Reveals Most Car Thefts Happen on the Weekend
- Cognizant Helps Feihe International Enhance Food Safety Capabilities