Infectious Disease Control
GENEVA, December 13, 2011 - Number of donated tablets doubled to around 50 millionper year Merck Serono, a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, today announced its intention to further boost its efforts in the fight against the tropical disease schistosomiasis and to continue until the disease has been officially eliminated in Africa.
NEW YORK, December 13, 2011 - The African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) applauds the progress announced today in the World Health Organization's 2011 World Malaria Report, which finds a 26% drop in global malaria deaths since the year 2000, and a more than five percent drop in the past year.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia, December 1, 2011 - Thirty years after the start of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, researchers, health care professionals, philanthropic organizations and others still work tirelessly to bring relief and hope to those affected by the disease.
PITTSBURGH, December 1, 2011 - - Product also 'prequalified' by WHO as a second-line treatment option - Mylan Inc.
LONDON, November 11, 2011 - - Replikins TransFlu™ Vaccine Now Available for Order from BioRadar UK Ltd.
- Arecor Appoints Dr. Sarah Howell as Chief Operating Officer
- Abbott Honored With Scrip Award for Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Quest Diagnostics Announces Launch of Simplexa Direct Test for Influenza and Respiratory Viruses in Europe
- Bill and Melinda Gates Applaud Progress Against Malaria While Urging Renewed Effort
- African Leaders Malaria Alliance Congratulates President Sirleaf on Nobel Prize Honor
- Commonwealth Welcomes Global Commitment to Combat Non-Communicable Diseases
- University of Maryland School of Medicine Scientists Identify First Effective Blood-Stage Malaria Vaccine
- TeleTracking Announces Availability of Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) to the UK Health Care Market
- Hyper-Endemic Typhoid in Africa Takes Spotlight at Cannes
- Jennewein Biotechnologie and Pfizer Nutrition Collaborate on Human Milk Components
- 2011 Health Conditions for Travel to Mecca (Hajj) Pilgrimage Published
- The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Announce Partnership on Polio Eradication
- Enigma Diagnostics and GSK Announce Collaboration on Assay Development and Commercialization of Enigma’s ML Platform
- BD and Lab21 Collaborate to Develop Aspergillus Assay for New BD MAX Molecular Testing System
- UM School of Medicine Institute for Genome Sciences Cracks Genomic Code of Deadly German E. coli Outbreak
- World Hepatitis Alliance Warns that Stigma is a Major Threat to New Initiative Against Hepatitis Epidemic
- arGEN-X Announces Non-exclusive License with Biowa for Potelligent Technology
- Penn Receives $10 Million to Create Center for Orphan Disease Research and Therapy
- New Data from SANBS Reinforces 5 Years of Success Preventing HIV and Hepatitis Transmission from Donated Blood
- Cellestis Responds to World Health Organization Guidance on Use of Blood Tests for Active Tuberculosis
- INCIVO(R) Receives Positive Opinion From the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human use (CHMP) for the Treatment of Genotype-1 Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- AMP and WHO Receive Grant to Strengthen Health Logistics in sub-Saharan Africa
- Gates Foundation Launches Effort to Reinvent the Toilet
- RAM Helps Keep Meningitis Cyclists on Track
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Announces the Election of Four New Members to Board of Trustees
- Sanford Guide Introduces New Mobile App for Treatment of Infectious Diseases
- Kiwanis International Pledges to Raise US$110 Million to Eliminate Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus
- Malaria Parasite and Mosquito Products and Assay Services Available for Sale by Sanaria
- Rising Replikin Counts in E. Coli in Germany Since 2005 Preceded Current E. Coli Outbreak
- BiondVax Announces Positive Phase IIa Results for Universal Flu Vaccine
- GlycoVaxyn to Host Second Annual Science Day to Discuss Challenges and Opportunities in Vaccine Development
- InstantLabs Expands Middle East Presence of Hunter Accelerated-PCR Systems for Detection of E. coli and Other Pathogens
- Porton Group Slams 3M’s Statement on MRSA Device as ‘Nonsense’
- Dengue v2V Supports ASEAN Dengue Day and Calls for a World Dengue Day
- Anglo American Leads Business Community With Pledge to the UK Matching Fund for Immunisation to Support GAVI