Celebrities Unite for 15 Years of Tickled PinkBy Asda George, PRNE
Thursday, September 29, 2011
LONDON, September 30, 2011 -
Asda’s Tickled Pink Campaign reaches a 15 year milestone in 2011, and to mark this memorable birthday and help support Breast Cancer Care and Breast Cancer Campaign, it aims to be bigger and better than ever! This year has seen tremendous support from a host of famous faces who are taking part in a range of fundraising festivities, including a high profile celebrity photographic campaign modelling this year’s must-have Tickled Pink t-shirts and the launch of a limited edition celebrity dress collection.
Sophie Ellis Bextor, Camilla Dallerup, Laura Hamilton, Kate Walsh, Denise Lewis and Zoe Salmon have donned their favourite Tickled Pink t-shirts priced from £8 in a glamorous photo shoot, and to celebrate 15 years of Tickled Pink in style, the fashionable range of womens tops and other products has been extended further with an exciting limited edition dress collection designed by our talented celebrity supporters - Danielle Lineker, Andrea McLean, Gaby Roslin and Chloe Madeley. Celebrating all things feminine and fun, the dresses are perfect for a girl’s night out and will be available to buy, alongside Tickled Pink t-shirts, in Asda George stores and online throughout October 2011, from £18 with £2 going to Tickled Pink. To find out more about the Tickled Pink Campaign, please visit the George Style blog.
For further information, visit charities.asda.com/tickled-pink/
To celebrate 15 years of Tickled Pink, Asda is launching an exclusive range of products including a limited edition celebrity designed dress collection, t-shirts and homeware, available nationwide during October with a percentage of sales going to Breast Cancer Care and Breast Cancer Campaign.
- 60s Shift Dress designed by Gaby Roslin £18 with £2 going to Tickled Pink
- Grecian Goddess Dress designed by Danielle Linker £18 with £2 going to Tickled Pink
- Lace Prom Dress designed by Chloe Madeley £20 with £2 going to Tickled Pink
- Structured LBD designed by Andrea McLean £18 with £2 going to Tickled Pink
Notes to editors:
- Asda launched the Tickled Pink campaign back in 1996 to raise money to help improve the lives of people with breast cancer both now and in the future.
- Asda’s Tickled Pink Campaign supports Breast Cancer Campaign and Breast Cancer Care. Breast Cancer Care provides expert information and professional support for people with breast cancer and their families; and Breast Cancer Campaign helps fund research into fighting the disease.
- Breast Cancer Campaign’s mission is to beat breast cancer by funding innovative world-class research to understand how breast cancer develops, leading to improved diagnosis, treatment, prevention and cure. To date, Asda’s Tickled Pink campaign has helped Breast Cancer Campaign to fund 57 vital research projects and four Scientific Fellowships. www.breastcancercampaign.org
- Breast Cancer Care is just a phone call or mouse-click away for anyone affected by breast cancer. Our free helpline, information-packed website and online discussion forums offer a friendly ear and expert advice to anyone dealing with the turmoil of this life-threatening illness. Across the UK, we also offer skilled emotional and practical support through a range of confidential, face-to-face services, helping people every step of the way. To date, Asda’s
- Tickled Pink campaign has funded almost half of the services provided by Breast Cancer Care, and helped us give support and information on breast cancer and breast health to more than eight million people. Visit www.breastcancercare.org.uk
- To make a donation to Asda’s Tickled Pink Campaign please visit your local Asda store or to make a donation by post, simply write a cheque made payable to the Asda Foundation, with a covering note stating the donation is for Tickled Pink, and send to: Lisa Burnett, Asda in the Community Team, ASDA House, Southbank, Great Wilson Street, LEEDS LS11 5AD
For more information on the the Tickled Pink celebrity images and / or shots of the limited edition dress collection and product ranges please contact the Asda Press Office on: Emma Sowden, Tel: +44(0)20-3003-6609, Email: emma.sowden at freud.com; Alex Lewis, Tel: +44(0)20-3003-6311, Email: alex.lewis at freud.com
Tags: Asda George, London, September 30, United Kingdom