East Village Launched as the new, Legacy Identity for the Athletes VillageBy East Village, PRNE
Monday, December 5, 2011
LONDON, December 6, 2011 -
- London’s new neighbourhood that breaks the mould for UK residential developments and directly responds to the capital’s critical need for new housing -
The first leading legacy neighbourhood for London, situated on the doorstep of The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, has today revealed its new identity - the East Village, London E20 - and will be ready for residents to move into in 2013.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
Announced by QDD (a joint venture between Qatari Diar Real Estate Development Company and Delancey) and Triathlon Homes (a joint venture between First Base, East Thames Group and Southern Housing Group), at a time when the poor provision of high quality housing in London is the subject of great concern, this exciting new neighbourhood will initially deliver 2,818 new homes. In addition to 1,439 private homes mainly available to rent, there will be 1,379 affordable homes offering the choice of buying or renting to people with a range of income levels.
This modern neighbourhood breaks the mould for UK residential developments dominated by a short term developer/trader model and disparate, often absent private landlords, and responds to the capital’s housing crisis and the needs of Londoners for high quality, long term homes.
Combining inspiring design by a number of the world’s leading architects, East Village will provide more accessibility, space, stability, security and world-class facilities than any other London residential development.
QDD and Triathlon’s investment and long-term plans for East Village highlight a renewed and long-term confidence by the private sector in London’s residential property market and guarantee residents the benefit of a responsible, consistent landlord. This long term approach will ensure the highest standards of service and internal and external spaces, for all East Village residents for many years to come.
Home to over 6,000 Londoners in a space equivalent to St James’s Park and unlike any other residential development in London, East Village will combine the vibrancy of city living with un-rivalled outdoor space and world-class facilities.
East Village offers residents:
- A choice of 1 bedroom apartments to 4 bedroom townhouses, all uniquely designed by 16 of the world’s leading architects and offering spacious open-plan layouts, large balconies and winter gardens
- Tree lined streets, open parkland, private courtyard gardens, wetlands and proximity to the beautiful Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- The buzz of over 30 local shops, cafes and restaurants
- A world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, which will offer first class education to 1,800 students aged between 3 and 19 from 2013
- A state-of-the-art Medical Centre which will provide East Village with over 60 different medical services
- Europe’s largest shopping centre, Westfield Stratford City, just 5 minutes’ walk away
- Endless leisure facilities in the Olympic Park and beyond
Residents moving into this new neighbourhood will enjoy living in one of the capital’s best-connected areas. Canary Wharf can be reached in 12 minutes, the West End in 20 minutes and St Pancras International in just 6 minutes - residents can whiz to Paris and beyond. For the frequent international traveller, all London airports can be reached within the hour.
Modern and sustainable living is at the heart of this new neighbourhood. All East Village homes are designed to Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 and new standards have been set for reducing environmental impact and carbon emissions. All energy is produced locally through Combined Cooling Heat and Power (CCHP) Plants which reduces carbon emissions by 68% compared to similar residential developments.
Speaking on behalf of QDD, Stuart Corbyn said “East Village will be a place for everybody to enjoy the best of city living; new homes will be joined by first class education, outstanding sports and leisure facilities, local shops, cafes and restaurants, and unrivalled connections to the rest of the capital. This will be one of the most exciting places to live in London.
East Village provides much needed homes, investment and jobs in East London, and reconfirms Qatari Diar and Delancey’s commitment to the local community, quality, partnership and sustainability.”
Elliot Lipton, Director of Triathlon Homes said “Our vision is to deliver a neighbourhood that provides the very best quality homes and services to its residents and one which fosters a welcoming, inclusive, safe and vibrant community. The East Village is at the heart of the wider transformation of east London.”
Ralph Luck, Director of Property at the Olympic Delivery Authority, which is developing the Village, said: “The East Village will become a significant new community within London, surrounded by world-class sports venues, enviable shopping facilities and excellent transport links. A key part of the Games Bid was to create a lasting residential legacy and the ODA is delivering on that commitment as part of the sale of the Village to QDD and Triathlon, with the naming of the neighbourhood as the first major step in bringing identity to this thriving new destination and establishing it as the place of choice to live in London.”
Notes to Editors
QDD is a joint partnership between Delancey and Qatari Diar Real Estate Development Company. Delancey is a specialist real estate investment company with a property portfolio that covers retail, residential and commercial developments across London and the UK, and which has a strong track record when it comes to creating and managing high quality places that people want to live and work in. Qatari Diar is wholly owned by the Qatar Investment Authority and has more than 35 projects in more than 20 countries. Qatari Diar aims to create and manage property investments and developments which not only comply with the best international standards, but also strongly reflect local culture and values.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes is a joint venture company established by East Thames Group, First Base and Southern Housing Group. It is acquiring affordable, high quality homes for people and helping to ensure a successful legacy for Stratford and the wider east London community after the London 2012 Games. Of the 2,818 homes at The Olympic Village, Triathlon Homes is purchasing 1,379, which it will manage from 2013/14.
New homes for Londoners
- A total of 2,818 homes, including 1,379 affordable homes
- Homes range from 1 bedroom apartments to 4 bedroom townhouses
- Designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
- Built to Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4
- 11 individually designed areas provide neighbourhood character
- Construction is almost complete with final finishes applied following the temporary use by athletes competing in the 2012 Games
- Spans over 27 hectares of land, equivalent to St James’s Park
- More than 10 hectares of new parks and open space
- Mature landscaped gardens with five park areas, public squares, play areas and courtyards
- Next to The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - 285 hectares of parkland, waterways, and nature trails connected by paths for jogging cycling and walking
- Connected to the Lea Valley - 26 miles of parkland from Hertfordshire to the River Thames, with the 10,000-acre Lea Valley Park
Time and choice
- One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London
- Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offering links to London’s key locations
- Reach the west end in 20 minutes, St Pancras International in 6 minutes (by High Speed 1), Canary Wharf in 12 minutes, Ashford in less than 30 minutes and London airports within an hour
- Over 30 local and independent shops, cafes and restaurants
- Steps away from Westfield Stratford City, Europe’s newest and largest shopping centre parks
- Adjacent to the world-class sporting venues of The Olympic Park
- A world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, with 1,800 places for students aged 3-19
- A state-of-the-art medical centre with full range of healthcare services
For more information visit www.eastvillage.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Alice Hart/Rosie Kempson, The Communication Group plc
Tags: December 6, East Village, Facebook, London, United Kingdom