Marketsandmarkets: Global PET and SPECT Market is Expected to Reach $1,466 Million by 2016By Marketsandmarkets, PRNE
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
DALLAS, October 26, 2011 -
The report “PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and SPECT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography) Global Market (Technology and Applications) (2011-2016) [ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/pet-market-98.html ]“ analyzes and studies the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Japan, and Rest of the World.
Browse market data tables and in-depth TOC on PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and SPECT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography) Global Market (Technology and Applications) (2011-2016).
Early buyers will receive 10% customization on reports.
This report studies the global PET and SPECT market [ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/pet-market-98.html ] divided into standalone (PET and SPECT) and hybrid variants (PET/CT and SPECT/CT) over the forecasted period (2011-2016).
PET holds the largest share (53.6%) of the PET-SPECT market, dominated by PET/CT holding the share of 95% in the PET modality. Standalone PET is declining continuously and the market will be taken over by PET/CT by 2017. SPECT/CT is driving the SPECT market.
Reimbursement will be a major factor to determine the future of the nuclear imaging industry. There would be delays in reimbursement procedures if the economic recession is observed. Besides, reimbursement will determine the respective technology used for the concerned application.
Developed nations are driving the SPECT/CT market, SPECT/CT being a new technology with low market penetration. The PET/CT market is driven by APAC (excluding Japan) and Rest of the World, where the companies can expand their presence, growing at a higher single digit growth rate. Developing nations have to be robust in terms of infrastructure to support the growth of PET technology.
Majority of end users of nuclear medicine are hospitals as adequate capital leverage and sufficient space are more readily available there. The share of hospitals has been increasing year after year; in the year 2003 it was 70% while in 2010 it became 95%.
Other Reports by MarketsandMarkets
- Diagnostic Imaging Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/diagnostic-imaging-market-411.html
- Healthcare IT Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/healthcare-it-252.html
- US Biopharmaceutical Industry @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/biopharmaceutical-323.html
- Stem Cell Technologies Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/stem-cell-technologies-and-global-market-48.html
- Respiratory Care Devices Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/respiratory-care-368.html
- Microscopy Market in Latin America @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/microscopy-100.html
Upcoming Market Research by MarketsandMarkets
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/magnetic-resonance-imaging-mri-market-466.html
- Ultrasound Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/ultrasound-market-467.html
- Diabetes Care Devices Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/diabetes-care-375.html
MarketsandMarkets is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world.
MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services. MarketsandMarkets covers thirteen industry verticals; including advanced materials, automotives and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical devices [ www.marketsandmarkets.com/medical-device-market-research-11.html ], pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website www.marketsandmarkets.com.
7557 Rambler Road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231
MarketsandMarkets Blog @ www.marketsandmarketsblog.com/
Tags: Dallas, MarketsandMarkets, October 26, texas