Mindjet Announces MindManager Version 9 for MacBy Mindjet, PRNE
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
LONDON, June 2, 2011 -
- New Features Help Mac Users Envision Their Best Ideas
Mindjet(R), the leading provider of business productivity software and
SaaS applications that visually connect ideas, information and people,
announced today the release of MindManager(R) Version 9 for Mac(R). New and
improved features help users move seamlessly from initial brainstorm to
creation of presentations and project plans. Enhancements include new quick
entry mode for brainstorming, powerful filtering capabilities to aid
prioritisation, and new interactive slide show capabilities that let users
organise ideas, deliver dynamic presentations, and instantly incorporate
feedback, all within the same visual environment.
MindManager Version 9 for Mac can immediately be ordered for the upgrade
price of GBP79 GBP, or GBP159 GBP for a new license, at
https://secure.mindjet.com/WebApp/catalog/catalog.aspx. MindManager Version 9
for Mac will be generally available on June 23, 2011 in English, German,
French, and Japanese language versions.
Mindjet's latest Mac release, along with recently announced iPad and
iPhone apps (see separate release at:
www.mindjet.com/press/releases/832), provide a complete suite of
information mapping products for Apple product enthusiasts.
- MindManager information maps let users quickly capture ideas and
assemble them in visual maps that combine the ease of a whiteboard with the
flexibility of drag-and-drop editing. Built-in tools for organising,
prioritising, and scheduling, along with Apple iWork(R) and Microsoft
Office(R) integration, let Mac users quickly turn ideas, requirements, and
raw research into polished presentations and detailed project plans.
- With over 1.8 million users, MindManager is the world's leading
information mapping solution for both businesses and individuals.
- Unlike documents, presentations, and e-mail, which constrain you to
working on one page at a time, MindManager's visual information mapping lets
business professionals easily capture, organise, and communicate ideas and
information, so you can organise input from multiple sources, clarify
thinking, develop meaningful project plans, structure coherent strategies,
and deliver compelling communications, all within a single environment.
- With MindManager Version 9 for Mac, users will be more organised,
communicate more effectively, and ensure project success.
- MindManager maps can be used as virtual whiteboards to easily capture
ideas and visually organise projects, presentations, and strategies.
- Facilitate brainstorming and collaborative problem solving
- See the big picture and all the relevant details in a single dynamic
- MindManager is a single solution to both organise and present content
in a visual format that increases understanding and retention.
- Conduct engaging meetings and ensure participation by easily
incorporating feedback on the fly
- Use interactive maps to selectively present the right level of detail
for each audience
- MindManager enables users to successfully document all aspects of any
project and gain alignment from key stakeholders.
- Lay the foundation for successful project implementation by mapping out
tasks, resource assignments, and schedules
- Enable efficient decision making by aggregating information into a
central map for easy review of all relevant details
New Features of MindManager Version 9 for Mac
- For current MindManager customers, MindManager Version 9 for Mac
delivers new capabilities to support brainstorming, via a quick text entry
mode and presentations with an interactive slide format.
- A new user experience is established through more intuitive menu
options, powerful filtering capabilities, and new iconography, as well as
noticeable performance improvements.
- MindManager Version 9 for Mac introduces local integrations, enabling
users to easily export map content into Microsoft Office and Apple iWork
applications without connecting to the Internet.
- Interactive Slide Presentations
- Present work in easy-to-follow slides. Pick and choose topics to
present, adjust their order, and control exactly how you want each branch to
appear. Present different levels of information to various audiences, without
the inconvenience of creating multiple versions. Ensure participation and
alignment by incorporating feedback as you present.
- Quick Entry Mode
- Facilitate collaborative problem solving, capture stakeholder
requirements, and improve meeting management via "quick-entry" capture of
ideas and information. The ability to quickly enter input ensures that
valuable ideas generated in brainstorming sessions and other meetings get
documented and retained for later organisation, prioritisation, and analysis.
- Advanced Importing/Exporting
- Conveniently import and export content to and from existing MindManager
maps. Provides in-product compatibility with Microsoft Office Mac 2011 and
iWork applications, even when offline, thanks to integrated (local)
- Import content from Microsoft(R) Word and Apple iWork Pages(R) to work
with all relevant data in a single visual environment.
- Create content and then export to Word, Pages, Keynote(R), and various
- WYSIWYG Printing
- WYSIWYG(R) printing easily controls how maps are presented. Print the
entire map on a single page, including topic notes. Each slide that has been
created can also be printed, so you can print out exactly what is needed.
- Enhanced Menus
- Formatting Tool bar - Users can now format text similar to how text
formatting is done in iWork Pages.
- Improved Inspector - Inspectors have been modified for improved
usability and users can also open multiple inspectors which improve overall
Improved Notes - Topic notes can now be formatted in-context of the notes
area rather than in the Inspector which should simplify the process.
Other Key Features:
- Industry-Leading Information Visualisation - Capture, organise, and
work with ideas and information in a wide variety of interactive visual
formats, including information maps, outlines, organisation charts, tree
diagrams, and more.
- Project Planning and Task Management - Streamline the project planning
process and ensure visibility into all aspects of a project. Easily gather
requirements and gain stakeholder buy-in on strategies, schedules, and more.
Assign and track priorities, resources, and schedules to ensure project tasks
stay on schedule.
- Capture Content and Add Context - Easily capture stakeholder input,
draw connections, and reorder content. Use icons, tags, topic shapes,
callouts, boundaries, colours, topic sorting, and numbering to provide
additional context. Add hyperlinks, attachments, notes, and images to provide
additional levels of detail.
- Information Map Presentations - Communicate effectively to multiple
audiences with MindManager's interactive slide presentations. Easily tailor
the level of details presented for each audience and capture critical
feedback right in the presentation.
- Integration and Sharing - Save time with powerful integrations. Import
from Microsoft Word, Apple iWork Pages, and Freemind(R). Export to Word,
Pages, or Keynote for your final output. Integrate with iChat(R) to send or
receive maps during a chat session. Also, share your maps via email, as web
pages, images, or dynamic Adobe(R) PDF files.
- Dynamic Content - Synchronise your relevant calendar items and contacts
with MindManager via dynamic Microsoft Entourage and Apple iCal(R), and
Address Book dashboards. Bring the Internet into the map with a built-in web
browser for in-context search and research results.
- Navigation, Viewing, and Printing Controls - Navigate and control the
levels of details displayed with powerful features like topic focus, show or
hide branch, collapse map, quick filter and select, and more. Automatically
fit or balance your map within the screen. Use WSYISYG printing of entire
maps or selected sections.
Blaine Mathieu, Chief Products Officer, Mindjet: "From architectural
improvements that increase performance and speed to demanded-for features,
like our new slideshow capabilities that let your better control the output
of your content, MindManager Version 9 for Mac is a top-flight mapping
application for the Mac users."
Blaine Mathieu, Chief Products Officer, Mindjet: "MindManager Version 9
for Mac is a significant upgrade for Mac users with added communication and
sharing capabilities, quick information capture, new and improved templates.
Faster and more robust performance mapping has come to the Mac."
Supported Operating Systems:
Mac OS(R) X 10.6 or later
Mac computer with an Intel(R) processor
733 MHz or greater (1.67 GHz or greater recommended)
512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
100 MB disk space
1024 x 768 or greater
Additional Requirements for Certain Features:
Adobe Acrobat (R) Reader 9
Apple Keynote '09 and Pages '09
Microsoft Word '08 and PowerPoint '08
Pricing and Availability
MindManager 9 for Mac is available in four languages: English, German,
French, and Japanese and can be purchased through Mindjet.com for the upgrade
price of GBP79 GBP or as a new license for GBP159 GBP. Customers who purchase
MindManager 9 for Mac before June 22, 2011 will receive Eltima(TM) Paintr(TM)
for Mac bundled with their purchase.
MindManager 9 for Mac:
- Download the MindManager 9 for Mac datasheet: mindjet.com/mac
- Watch a video of MindManager 9 for Mac in action:
- See images of MindManager 9 for Mac: mindjet.com/mac
- Mindjet Blog: blog.mindjet.com/2011/05/mobile-strategy
- Mindjet on Facebook(R): www.facebook.com/mindjet
- Mindjet on Twitter(R): www.twitter.com/mindjet
- Mindjet on YouTube(R): www.youtube.com/mindjet
- More Mindjet news: www.mindjet.com/press/reviews/overview
Mindjet provides business productivity software that helps business
professionals visually organise and act upon ideas, information and resources
to drive productivity, team effectiveness, and business innovation. Mindjet
products include industry-leading visual information mapping software and
online services, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet's
innovative visualisation technology to improve the usability of leading
Used by nearly 1.8 million users around the world and by business
professionals in 45 of BusinessWeek's(R) 50 "World's Most Innovative
Companies," Mindjet solutions clarify thinking, dramatically boost
productivity, and increase team effectiveness for better informed decisions.
Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices
throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at
www.mindjet.com/products/overview and through an extensive partner
network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview.
Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple, iWork, Pages, Keynote, iChat, iCal, and Mac OS
are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Katie Buckett/Josh Turner, Brands2Life, Katie.Buckett@brands2life.com
/ Josh.Turner@brands2life.com, +44-(0)20-7592-1200
Tags: June 2, London, Mindjet, United Kingdom