Probe Following Campylobacter OutbreakBy Pannone, PRNE
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
MANCHESTER, England, December 1, 2011 -
A probe has been launched after 80 guests fell ill with food poisoning after a fund-raising dinner at luxury Lowry Hotel, Salford. It is thought the campylobacter bacterial infections, which led the diners to report vomiting as well as fever and dizziness, is linked to chicken pate.
The matter which is now being investigated by the Health Protection Agency (HPA) and officers from Salford council is the first incident of its kind at the hotel since it opened 10 years ago. The Lowry recently was awarded the highest five-star hygiene rating.
Campylobacter causes and symptoms
Campylobacter is usually transmitted through eating undercooked meat including poultry. It is the commonest cause of food poisoning in Britain. Infected people can pass the bug on by poor hygiene. Symptoms include diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach cramps and fever.
Making a claim
Many people suffer from food poisoning and do not know that, like any other form of personal injury, they are entitled to make a compensation claim. There are even solicitors who specialise in holiday illness for those who were taken ill whilst on a holiday.
Simon Weilding, a specialist food poisoning and gastric illness Litigation Executive at Pannone says that cases dealing in food poisoning are becoming more common with cases both in the UK and abroad, instances of this nature are becoming ever more common. “We currently are instructed by many clients who have suffered food poisoning symptoms whilst either dining at restaurants or attending functions such as wedding receptions. In addition to campylobacter we have seen a marked increase in diagnoses of salmonella and E.Coli.“
Tags: December 1, England, Manchester, Pannone, United Kingdom