HAMBURG, Germany, November 7, 2011 - - Newly founded EU-Latin America and Caribbean Foundation becomes operational The newly-founded EU-Latin America and Caribbean Foundation (EU-LAC) opened its headquarters today in the north German port city of Hamburg.
HOERSHOLM, Denmark & SAN DIEGO, November 5, 2011 - - New Phase 2a clinical data to be presented in late-breaking oral presentation at AASLD - - Miravirsen given as a four-week monotherapy treatment provided robust, dose-dependent antiviral activity with a mean reduction of 2 to 3 logs from baseline in Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) RNA (log10 IU/mL) that was maintained for more than four weeks beyond the end of therapy - Four out of nine patients treated at the highest dose with miravirsen became HCV RNA undetectable during the study, providing clinicalevidence thatmiravirsen'sunique mechanism-of-action offers high barrier to viral resistance and the potential for treatment cures with monotherapy - Miravirsen, the first microRNA-targeted drug to enter clinical trials, works by inhibiting miR-122, a microRNA required for HCV accumulation, was well tolerated in patients with chronic HCV infection - Miravirsen's long-lasting suppression of HCV RNA, high barrier to viral resistance, low propensity for drug interactions and favorable tolerability profile holdspromise as pivotal new treatment option given as monotherapy or in combination with direct acting antiviral agents as an interferon-free treatment to eradicate chronic HCV infection in multiple genotypes Santaris Pharma A/S, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of RNA-targeted therapies, presents new data from the Phase 2a trial showing that miravirsen given as a four-week monotherapy treatment provided robust dose-dependent anti-viral activity with a mean reduction of 2 to 3 logs from baseline in HCV RNA (log10 IU/mL) that was maintained for more than four weeks beyond the end of therapy.
SAN FRANCISCO, November 5, 2011 - Data presented at AASLD 2011 highlights efficacy in typically hard to treat patients NOT INTENDED FOR US JOURNALISTS Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (Janssen), today presented new data for INCIVO (telaprevir) at the American Association for the Society of Liver Disease (AASLD) Annual Meeting, highlighting the safety and efficacy of a telaprevir based regimen in cirrhotic patients who had previously failed treatment.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands, November 5, 2010 - Representatives from seven international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) receiving funding from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Strategic Alliances with International NGOs (SALIN) program gathered in The Hague today to share results with leading officials on their efforts to reduce maternal mortality and guarantee universal access to reproductive health services.
CALGARY, Alberta, November 5, 2010 - In the news release, "BNK Petroleum inc.
- UK Has Entertainment X-Factor for Expats
- England Among the 'Safest Drivers in EU' According to Major Survey
- Award-Winning BUSHMILLS(R) Single Malt Irish Whiskies Get Stunning New Pack
- Land Rover Donates the One Millionth Range Rover to Help for Heroes
- UK's Towler to Be Honored for Online Racing Championship at NASCAR Finale in the U.S.
- Consortium Awarded European Union Grant for 5 Years of Atrial Fibrillation Research
- There's Still Time to Register for Gradu8 - The Online Graduate Recruitment and Careers Fair
- iomart Group Wins UK Security Award for Cloud-based Government Computer Child Safety Project
- Far East Energy Updates Guidance on the Timing of Release of Independent Engineering Report With Total Gas Resources Identified for the Shouyang Block
- Marco Comastri Joins the beeTV Board of Directors
- International Energy Investments Group Plans to Invest EUR140Million in Other European Solar Power Plants Over Next 9 Months
- Online Marketing Increases Small Business Customer Base
- Correction press release: SUNRAYS Wins 2010 International Superyacht Society (ISS) Award
- Abbott Wins Two Scrip Awards Recognizing Excellence in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industries
- Engaging Equestrian Experience Provides Endless Entertainment
- BrandAlley UK Launches New Concept 'The Lab'
- Towards Improvement of Future Management of Progressive Forms of MS
- 'Cyber Europe 2010'; Cyber Security Exercise With 320 'Incidents' Successfully Concluded
- Hoya Announces Second Quarter Financial Results
- Clooney and Malkovich Star in Latest Nespresso TV Spot
- Madame Tussauds Goes Gaga
- Confused.com Launches 'Somebody to Love'
- Prolia(TM) (denosumab) Receives Best New Drug Honor at Scrip Awards
- Rugby Hero Launches Project to Help Children Tackle Numbers
- Fannie Mae Redemption
- Gammon Announces Expanded $100 Million Credit Facility
- This News Release is not for Distribution in the United States or to U.S. News Agencies
- Debenhams Goes Digital With the Launch of Debenhams.ie
- AXA Investment Managers Deutschland Buys Building Used by Expeditors International
- Company to deploy Microsoft led migrations for IBM/Lotus Notes Customers
- Automotive Globalization and Universal Appeal for Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Automatic Crash Response, In-Vehicle Connectivity Driving Telematics Expansion Into Emerging Markets
- Fannie Mae Prices New Issue 2-Year Benchmark Notes(R) due December 28, 2012
- Scotia Capital Expands Global Fixed Income Rates Team Into Europe
- Shares Issued and Outstanding: 72,678,923
- McDonald's Names Steve Easterbrook as President of McDonald's Europe