Anand Mahindra to Speak at G20 Young Entrepreneurs Summit in Nice, France on Nov 2, 2011By Mahindra Mahindra Limited, PRNE
Monday, October 31, 2011
MUMBAI, India, November 1, 2011 -
G20 YES Will be Hosted by French President, Nicolas Sarkozy
Mr. Anand Mahindra, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra Group, has been invited to speak at the third edition of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs Summit (YES) to be held in Nice, France on November 2, 2011, a day before the G20 Summit. The G20 YES will be hosted by French President, Nicolas Sarkozy.
Mr. Mahindra has been asked to participate in a panel discussion on A new generation of entrepreneurs: builders of the 21st Century Economy and will speak about the growth of Mahindra into one of India’s leading business houses and a global multinational.
“The G20 Young Entrepreneurs Summit is the perfect opportunity to promote the vital role entrepreneurs play in the growth, job creation, innovation and competitiveness of nations. It is a great honour to be invited to speak at such a prestigious forum hosted by President Sarkozy himself and I look forward to sharing my professional experiences with leaders of the entrepreneurial ecosystem,” said Mr. Anand Mahindra, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra Group.
The Summit will be an opportunity for 1000 young entrepreneurs from the 20 member states and emblematic business leaders from top global companies to network and exchange ideas on entrepreneurship as a key component of sustainable economic growth.
Other speakers at the discussion will include Dipak C. Jain, Dean, INSEAD Business School - India, Olivier Oger, Dean, EDHEC Business School - France, Ashraf El Gazayerli, Co-Chairman, Mediterranean Young Entrepreneur Organization - Egypt, Husnu M. Ozyegin, Founder and Chairman, Fiba Group, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Ozyegin University - Turkey and Samantha Davies, Solo round the world yachtswoman, Yachtsman of the Year 2010 - United Kingdom.
About the G20 Young Entreprenuers Summit
The G20 YES is a forum where young entrepreneurs from the G20 countries can meet with their peers, learn best practices in growing dynamic companies, and celebrate entrepreneurship as the leading source of job and wealth creation, innovation and the well-being of all nations. The goals of the summit include:
1. Promote the vital role entrepreneurs play in the growth, job creation, innovation and competitiveness of nations.
2. Identify actions likely to promote entrepreneurship amongst young people, and provide input for governments by recommending and assembling the best proposals within a communiqué to be endorsed by the G20 political leaders at their annual summits.
3. Bring together entrepreneurs from around the world to exchange and share their experiences with the leaders of the entrepreneurial ecosystem from amongst the 20 most important economies in the world.
4. Launch results of the first G20 Entrepreneurship Competitiveness Barometer that will measure the entrepreneurship competitiveness amongst the G20 countries; identify entrepreneur success stories across countries; be a tool to help governments prioritize measures and incentives by identifying gaps and best practices; trigger dialog between entrepreneurs and government leaders; and measure the impact of the G20 YEA recommendations over the long-term.
5. Give inspiration to current and future generations of entrepreneurs.
About The Mahindra Group
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, vacation ownership, rural and semi-urban financial services, etc. Mahindra has a significant and growing presence amongst others, in the automotive industry, agribusiness, aerospace, automotive components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel and two wheelers.
A US $12.5 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra employs more than 1,37,000 people in over 100 countries. In 2011, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000 list, a listing of the biggest and most powerful listed companies in the world. For four years in a row, Mahindra has featured in the Forbes Asia’s Fab 50 List of the 50 best publicly traded companies in the Asia-Pacific regions. Dun & Bradstreet also ranked Mahindra at No. 1 in the automobile sector in its list of India’s Top 500 Companies.
In 2010, Mahindra featured in the Credit Suisse Great Brands of Tomorrow. Its flagship company Mahindra & Mahindra Limited is the only Indian automobile manufacturer to feature in the top 10 list of the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index in India - 2010, created by the Carbon Disclosure (CDP). In 2011, Mahindra acquired a majority stake in Korea’s SsangYong Motor Company.
For further information, please visit www.mahindra.com
Connect with us on www.facebook.com/mahindragroup
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Roma Balwani
Senior Vice President & Group Head, Corporate Communications,
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
Tags: France, India, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, Mumbai, November 1