BTM Consult Releases new Wind Report: Supply Chain Assessment 2012-2015By Navigant, PRNE
Monday, November 7, 2011
WASHINGTON, DC, November 8, 2011 -
Report Highlights the Changes, Trends, Policies and Challenges Observed in the International Wind Power Supply Chain
BTM Consult, a premier forecaster and data source for the international wind industry and part of Navigant’s global Energy practice, announced today that it has released International Wind Energy Development - Supply Chain Assessment 2012-2015.
The 200+ page report is the fourth and most comprehensive Supply Chain Assessment report ever from Navigant’s BTM Consult team. The report includes review of more than 500 companies in the wind energy supply chain including analysis of capacity, future plans, and the emergence of new facilities.
International Wind Energy Development - Supply Chain Assessment 2012-2015 assesses more than 300 suppliers of eight key components (blades, gearboxes, electric generators, bearings, power converters, transformers, towers, pitch systems and balance of plant - offshore) and more than 200 suppliers of five groups of key materials (castings, forgings, reinforcement fibers, resins and rare earth materials).
This report covers:
- All major components including blades, gearboxes, generators, bearings, power converters, transformers, and tower and pitch systems
- Key materials including castings, forgings, reinforcement fibers, resins and Rare-earth metals
- The overwhelming capacity in China’s supply chain and the resulting supply chain consolidations
- The fast growing offshore segment and its huge challenges
- The fierce competition caused by the over-capacity within many key areas
- The latest supply chain strategies from the world’s Top-10 turbine OEMs as a response to slumping demand
International Wind Energy Development - Supply Chain Assessment 2012 -2015 can be purchased by clicking here or visiting www.navigant.com/supplychainreport.
About BTM Consult
Founded in 1986, Denmark-based BTM Consult is a premier forecaster and data source for the international wind energy sector. Since 1996 BTM Consult has annually published the highly regarded International Wind Energy Development World Market Update, in addition to several other recurring globally-focused wind market reports, including its first release of the Offshore Wind Report in 2010. On December 20, 2010, BTM Consult became part of Navigant’s global Energy practice. Additional information about BTM Consult can be found at www.navigant.com/btm.
Navigant (NYSE: NCI), is a specialized global expert services firm dedicated to assisting clients in creating and protecting value in the face of critical business risks and opportunities. Through senior level engagement with clients, Navigant professionals combine technical expertise in Disputes and Investigations, Economics, Financial Advisory and Management Consulting, with business pragmatism in the highly regulated Construction, Energy, Financial Services and Healthcare industries to support clients in addressing their most critical business needs. More information about Navigant can be found at www.navigant.com.
* The information contained in this press release concerning the report, “International Wind Energy Development - Supply Chain Assessment 2012-2015,” is a summary and reflects BTM Consult’s current expectations based on market data and trend analysis. BTM Consult’s market predictions and expectations are inherently uncertain and actual results may differ materially from those contained in this press release or the report. Please refer to the full BTM Consult report for a complete understanding of the assumptions underlying the report’s conclusions and the methodologies used by BTM Consult to create the report. Neither BTM Consult nor Navigant undertakes any obligation to update any of the information contained in this press release or the report.
For more information contact: Laverne Gosling Murach, Navigant, +1-202-481-7336, laverne.gosling at navigant.com, Per Krogsgaard, BTM Consult - A Part of Navigant
+45-97-32-52-99, per.krogsgaard at navigant.com. For additional information about the report, please contact Per Krogsgaard at per.krogsgaard at navigant.com or +45-97-32-52-99.
Tags: D.c., Navigant, November 8, Washington