Cupid.com Becomes the First Dating Site to Join Facebook’s Revolutionary New Mobile EcosystemBy Cupid Plc, PRNE
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
EDINBURGH, Scotland, October 20, 2011 -
As of Thursday 20 October 2011, intrepid as ever, Cupid.com will be the very first online dating community to be available through the all-new HTML5-based version of Facebook.
With this new cutting-edge platform, known as ‘Project Spartan’ throughout its long development period, Facebook has in effect created a social ecosystem, which all of its 700+ million users can download directly onto their iPhones and iPad devices and then use to select and run whichever apps they choose, directly from inside Facebook.
The result? When users download Facebook’s groundbreaking platform, they will be able to add apps that link them directly to their favourite dating site/sites with merely the lightest touch of their fingers.
There will be apps available for Cupid.com as well as all of its partner sites, including:
All current members plus each new online dater will be able to add any individual app–or even all of these new apps–to their rich, new Facebook content platform and instantly use them with their iPhone and iPad devices.
Each of these apps provides the best way yet of accessing and utilising the myriad features of Cupid’s extensive dating services, and now these features can be conveniently accessed through the one place the UK spends the majority of its time online.
Through Cupid.com and all its partners’ existing apps, users can currently:
- Enjoy an easy-to-use, mobile-friendly interface
- View photos of thousands of men and women
- Create a free, basic profile
- Explore contacts in all major cities and countries
- Receive messages from interested people
- Search for singles in specific geographic locations
- Have access to online dating when they’re on the go
Cupid.com is incredibly proud to be the very first online dating community to make the move onto this new Facebook platform and can add it to its steadily-growing portfolio of user-friendly apps, which include its iPhone app and iPad app.
What is particularly exciting for people using Apple products is that all these apps are available for download directly through this new content-focused version of Facebook for mobile. This means that users will no longer need to go through iTunes to obtain and start using their online dating app.
The dating world had better watch out, as this combination of the world’s most popular social network and the best online dating community in the world is going to start picking off singles by the minute.
Since it burst onto the online dating industry scene in 2005, Cupid has built a base of over 34 million members in 39 countries and is now a strong, proud market leader.
About Cupid plc
- Cupid plc listed on AIM in June 2010 and is a leading provider of online dating services
- Cupid has built a base of over 34 million members in 39 countries.
- Cupid offers a wide variety of online dating services allowing members to interact with each other and access the content available on the Group’s websites. These websites are intended to appeal to dating users of diverse ages, cultures and social interest groups. The Group’s most heavily visited websites include www.cupid.com, www.flirt.com, www.benaughty.com, www.girlsdateforfree.com and www.datetheuk.com. The Group also promotes the niche brands www.datingforparents.com, www.indiandating.com and www.maturedating.co.uk.
- The majority of services are also available via Apple and Android App Stores for mobile users as well as through their own Facebook apps - eg. apps.facebook.com/cupidcom and apps.facebook.com/benaughtynow.
- Further information on the Company can be found at www.cupidplc.com.
Notes to Editors
For further information please contact Sean Wood tel: +44(0)131-220-9822 or email pr at cupid.com
Tags: Cupid Plc, Edinburgh, Facebook, October 20, scotland, United Kingdom