Ron Arad Will Award the Winner of Jump the Gap at Roca London GalleryBy Roca, PRNE
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
BARCELONA, July 28, 2011 -
- Ron Arad, chairman of the judging panel, will award the prize to the winner in early November in London, at the new Roca London Gallery designed by Zaha Hadid
- The 4th edition of the competition has set a participation record, receiving 3,004 entries from 92 countries
The jury of the 4th Roca International Design Contest Jump the Gap has chosen the 11 finalists, of which one will be the winning entry, and whose name will be released this autumn in London.
This year’s jury, chaired by the designer and architect Ron Arad, is completed by: Gina Bojardi, Javier Mariscal, Marcel Wanders, John Anthony Sahs,Tomek Rygalik and Josep Congost.
The 11 chosen finalists have shown outstanding quality and innovation:
- Bathboard by Sylwia Ulicka Rivera
- Bana Bender by Hong Ruei Hong and Lin Pin
- Bath the transformer by Andrey Lebedev
- Recycle Water by Helder Rodrigues
- Bath 2.0 by Fabrizio Tozzoli and Eliana Salazar
- Roca Soap by Javier Jiménez and Eli Cayuela
- Mist by Sylwester Szymanski and Katarzyna Hryniewiecka
- Live bath-anemone by Irina Samoylova
- In & Out Shower by Michal Warykiewicz
- Sliding Shower by Mario Ginevro
- Watersite by Agata Trybus
The award will be presented in the new Roca London Gallery, designed by Zaha Hadid and located in Chelsea Harbour.
With this initiative, Roca, the leading brand in bathroom space definition, continues supporting young talents and working to identify conceptually innovative ideas that build a bridge between today and tomorrow.
Roca is a company involved in the design, manufacture and sales of bathroom products, ceramic flooring and ceramic tiling for the architectural, construction and interior design sectors. The company employs over 20,200 people, has 71 manufacturing centres and is present in over 135 countries across 5 continents.
Roca, the leading brand in bathroom space definition, works constantly to develop and promote initiatives that help to preserve the environment. This commitment by Roca is directed at the continuous development of new products aimed at saving water.
Jordi Vallverdú, PR & Media Planning Manager, Brand & Communication, jordi.vallverdu at roca.net, +(34)93-3661200
Tags: Barcelona, July 28, Roca, Spain