Success for the First ViaMichelin Mobile Site Accessible from all Smartphones!By Viamichelin, PRNE
Sunday, September 18, 2011
BOULOGNE, France, September 19, 2011 -
The much-anticipated ViaMichelin Mobile site, compatible with all browsers and available to download from App Store and Android Market, has been downloaded 600,000 times since going online last July.
Route planning, road maps, map displays…features of the reference site in travel assistance are now available on mobile:
ViaMichelin Mobile is free of charge and available in 5 languages. Users can enjoy all the richness and quality of Michelin service and content. They can benefit from:
- display of interactive maps with geolocation,
- route calculation in car, cycle and pedestrian mode (from a location, an address or pre-saved address),
- route visualisation in map or road map mode,
- the choice of several routes complete with a display of estimated journey time, distance travelled and estimated travel cost,
- and specific address search options.
Numerous on-screen viewing options:
- maps, plans or satellite images,
- speed cameras, car parks, petrol stations, the weather as well as real-time traffic,
- the hotels and restaurants from the MICHELIN guides as well as the tourist information from the Michelin Green guide (and route calculation to the chosen destination in a single click!).
Find the ViaMichelin Mobile application on iTunes:
Find ViaMichelin Mobile on Android Market :
From an iPhone : Type «ViaMichelin» in App Store to access all ViaMichelin applications. An iTunes account is required in order to download.
From a Smart phone or tablet: Type «ViaMichelin Mobile» on your browser.
A 100% owned subsidiary of the Michelin Group, ViaMichelin designs, develops and markets digital products and services to support the mobility of road users in Europe. Building on a century of Michelin expertise in the field of travel, this activity, launched in 2001, addresses both business and the general public. It offers a comprehensive range of services (hotel booking, restaurants, traffic information, tourism, etc), accessible through multiple media: Internet, mobile phones including iPhones, navigation systems, etc. In 2010, a new travel channel entirely dedicated to made to measure travel preparation and based on the contents of the Michelin Green Guide was added to enrich the travel assistance website www.ViaMichelin.com
Benjamin Szlakmann : 01-46-05-87-87, bszlakmann at 3dcommunication.fr
Tags: Boulogne, France, September 19, Viamichelin