CoreMedia Web Content Management System Implemented on Australian Broadcasting Corporation WebsiteBy Coremedia, PRNE
Monday, October 17, 2011
SINGAPORE, October 18, 2011 -
CoreMedia, a leading Web content management (WCM) company, today announced the successful deployment on 13 July of a major strategic WCM project for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s News Online website.
ABC News Online - with an average of 8.3 million visitors each month - is a key element of ABC Online, which averages around 36 million visits per month. The CoreMedia CMS replaces the ABC’s existing in house-developed Wallace CMS, and has already been successfully used to deliver a section of ‘The Drum’ website, the ABC’s analysis and opinion site.
CoreMedia’s CMS enables ABC News Online’s technical and editorial teams to produce more flexible layouts, support the faster creation of special features - such as those online at www.abc.net.au/news/specials/, integrate with third party systems to include audio, video and Flash content into stories, and automate the generation of existing tagged material into contextualized sidebar content.
- CoreMedia CMS better enables the provision of the ABC’s online news
- CoreMedia solution helps maximize the value of ABC Online News’ content assets - wherever they reside - by optimizing the creation and delivery of content for the ABC’s online channels
- Powerful Web Content Management solution supports broader delivery of news content to websites, social media networks and mobile devices
- CoreMedia’s enterprise capabilities ideally matched to scale and complexity of the ABC’s major content management project
- Supports implementation of a more streamlined editorial workflow within ABC News Online
Gerrit Kolb, CEO, CoreMedia:
“The scale and initial success of our major ABC Online project again shows that when it comes to creating and managing significant volumes of online content, major organizations are increasingly turning to proven platforms such as CoreMedia for their Web content management requirements. The CoreMedia CMS is optimized to support high-intensity online editorial environments such as ABC Online, and is already proving its value for the ABC in leveraging its existing content assets.”
The CoreMedia CMS directly addresses media organizations’ growing demand for a scalable content management engine that can provide highly personalized, relevant and real-time content at all times. CoreMedia’s CMS has been designed to simplify the overall content management process for organizations such as ABC, with editorial workflows tailored to reflect the way editorial teams operate.
Tags: australia, Coremedia, October 18, Singapore