PR Newswire Stockholm Holds Seminar on the Emerging Social Media LandscapeBy Pr Newswire, PRNE
Sunday, November 20, 2011
STOCKHOLM, November 21, 2011 -
PR Newswire Stockholm presents a seminar and debate about the changing communications landscape and the effect of social and emerging media
PR Newswire, the global leader in content and news distribution, recently held a two day event themed around ‘Emerging Media Today and Tomorrow’ hosted by Michael Pranikoff, Global Director of Emerging Media.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
The communications landscape is constantly evolving and as a result the way you communicate and engage with your target audience needs to be continually reevaluated.
Both journalists and consumers have changed their media consumption patterns and as more and more content is uploaded every day it becomes increasingly harder to get your message out there and engage with your target audiences.
Michael discussed this ever changing environment and how to embrace these changes. He was joined over the two days by representatives from over 50 leading Nordic companies. The debate was followed by a champagne reception and a selection of canapés prepared by Stefan Eriksson (Swedish chef of the year 2005).
The response to the seminars was extremely positive and the demand to attend so high that many were left disappointed. As a result we decided to film the second day and make this available to everyone. You can find the presentation in five parts at www.youtube.com/PRNnordics
- Part 1 - Michael talks about engaging opportunities everywhere, the Swedish internet population and the content revolution. He also discusses the vast amount of content being uploaded and shared, as well as the complexity of new communication channels.
- Part 2 - Michael shares his thoughts on reach versus control when it comes to owned, paid and earned exposure, the complexity of the new marketing funnel, digital and traditional media, push and pull of content.
- Part 3 - Michael considers the new currency of trust over attention, where news consumers go to first for news about companies. He also talks about the long tail of corporate content and the importance of continuous communication. He also considers Twitter and the four types of Twitter users.
- Part 4 - Michael discusses the importance of search and context as the cornerstone of any successful communications strategy, and discusses how to adapt your content and news releases for search engines and how they affect the availability of your stories online. He also gives some best practice advice on how to write your news release to ensure internet visibility, keyword brainstorming ideas and the increasing importance of multimedia content.
- Part 5 - Michael analyses customer case studies to demonstrate the effectiveness of multimedia assets in news releases, which type of information people share online and how to connect your various communications channels for enhanced search engine optimisation.
This was PR Newswire’s first event in the Nordics and given the extremely positive response will be the first of many.
“PR Newswire is the market leader globally within the content and news distribution markets because of our unparalleled network of news agencies, journalists, bloggers, websites and social media platforms. Our clients have to embrace an ever changing media landscape and Michael’s global experience really helped them understand how to take advantage of these new channels of distribution and the changing skill sets needed to be successful,” commented Johan Cohen, Nordic Director for PR Newswire.
He added, “We have been at the forefront of understanding and embracing this media revolution and have worked with our clients to develop a set of products that enable them to be successful in these spaces. As a result we have seen massive growth in the Nordic Region resulting in a move to our new offices by Stureplan in Stockholm where we hosted the seminars”
He continued, “The feedback we have had from clients who attended these events has been hugely positive and we are planning further events in the New Year where we will continue to listen and learn from our clients, working collaboratively to ensure our products and services continue to evolve in an ever changing media landscape.”
PR Newswire would like to thank all our guests who helped make these events such a success. We would also like to thank Vela who let us use her song Painkiller in our promotion video and lastly Able Film who made an excellent video that really captured the essence of the event.
PR Newswire is the global leader in innovative communications and marketing services, enabling organisations to connect and engage with their target audiences worldwide. Providing multimedia news targeting, distribution and monitoring products, PR Newswire helps you promote your brand, generate awareness, drive sales and increase revenue.
Nordic Director PR Newswire
Tags: denmark, finland, Norway, November 21, PR Newswire, Stockholm, Svalbard And Jan Mayen, sweden