Syngenta Selects Infosys as its Global Transformation and Business IT Services PartnerBy Infosys Ltd, PRNE
Sunday, December 11, 2011
LONDON, December 12, 2011 -
Multi-year engagement to cover Business Transformation initiatives across five continents
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) today announced that it has signed a multi-year Transformation and Business IT services contract with Syngenta AG (SMI: SYNN, NYSE: SYT), one of the world leading agribusiness companies based in Switzerland. In a landmark contract that will provide consistency and predictability of service delivery, Infosys will consolidate Syngenta’s Global Business IT services landscape under a single shared services engagement.
- Infosys will be the preferred partner for Syngenta for all technology enabled Business Transformation initiatives.
- This engagement will enable Syngenta to roll out standardised processes, platforms, tools and ways of working across 90 countries.
- Additionally, Infosys will setup a Business Architecture service to advise Syngenta on its future IT and process roadmap, acting as a key player in bridging the gap between business strategy and execution.
- Martin Walker, Global Head of Business Services for Syngenta: “Syngenta works across the globe and these services are critical to our success and competitiveness. Infosys was an obvious choice for Syngenta for its willingness to partner, ability to deliver superior solutions, leverage global presence and robust Business Transformation framework and capabilities. Infosys has aligned its priorities with Syngenta strategy, which is clearly evident in all interactions and is a key element in the success of this partnership.”
- S.D. Shibulal, CEO, Infosys: “Managing disparate global operations is one of the foremost challenges for enterprises. Tomorrow’s enterprises must identify and respond to business trends by simplifying processes and adapting to change. We are happy to be chosen by Syngenta in this transformation journey to build a single platform for Business IT services.”
- B.G. Srinivas, Member of the Board and Global Head, Manufacturing, Infosys: “Companies across the world are faced with rising operational costs, diverse customers and complex supply chains. This engagement with Syngenta is an example of how we partner with our clients to manage these challenges. This contract builds on the strength of our seven year relationship with Syngenta.”
About Infosys Ltd
Many of the world’s most successful organizations rely on the 142,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow’s enterprise.
For more information about Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY), visit www.infosys.com
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended December 31, 2010, June 30, 2011 and September 30, 2011.These filings are available at www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
Infosys Media Contacts:
Gary Follos, +44(0)2075162724
Antonia Maneta, +44(0)2077153499
Tags: December 12, Infosys Ltd, London, United Kingdom