MarketsandMarkets: Lung Cancer Drugs Market in G7 Countries Worth $13 Billion by 2020By Marketsandmarkets, PRNE
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
DALLAS, November 10, 2011 -
The report “Lung Cancer Drugs Market in G7 Countries (2005 - 2020) [ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/lung-cancer-drugs-market-508.html ]“ analyzes and studies the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in North America, and Europe.
Browse in-depth TOC on Lung Cancer Drugs Market in G7 Countries (2005 - 2020).
Get Free 10% customization on reports
Lung cancer is the most common form of cancer in terms of incidence and number of deaths. It is a disease wherein the cell lining of lung tissue grows uncontrollably and leads to the formation of tumor. There are two main types of lung cancer; small cell lung cancer that accounts for about 20% and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that accounts for about 80% of the total lung cancers.
The lung cancer drugs market was valued at around $4 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach about $13 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 13.5% from 2015 to 2020. The market was dominated by drugs such as Avastin, Iressa, Gemzar, and Tarceva in 2010. However, by 2020, the market is expected to be dominated by talactoferrin (Agennix), an immunomodulatory drug; followed by Xalkori (Pfizer), and by ARQ 197 (ArQule/Daiichi Sankyo).
According to WHO, lung cancer prevalence is expected to grow in the emerging markets such as the BRIC countries and other Asian and African markets due to an increase in the use of tobacco products. Tobacco is the primary cause of around 80% of all lung cancers. The other causes such as radon gas exposure, asbestos can be causative factor for developing lung cancer.
The U.S. dominates the lung cancer drug market in North America with 93.5% share; whereas Germany dominates the market of Europe with 32.4% share.
Major players in the market include F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), AstraZeneca Plc (U.K.), Eli Lilly and Company (U.S.), Sanofi-Aventis (France), Pfizer Inc. (U.S.), GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited (U.K.), ArQule Inc. (U.S.), Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd. (Japan), Agennix AG (Germany), and Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany).
Other Reports by MarketsandMarkets
- Diagnostic Imaging Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/diagnostic-imaging-market-411.html
- Healthcare IT Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/healthcare-it-252.html
- Diabetes Care Devices Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/diabetes-care-devices-230.html
- US Biopharmaceutical Industry @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/biopharmaceutical-323.html
- Stem Cell Technologies Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/stem-cell-technologies-and-global-market-48.html
Upcoming Market Research by MarketsandMarkets
- Ultrasound Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/ultrasound-market-467.html
- Medical Equipments Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/high-growth-markets-in-medical-equipments-109.html
- CT Scan Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/computed-tomography-ct-scan-market-465.html
- Wound Care Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/wound-care-market-371.html
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Market @ www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/electronic-medical-records-emr-markets-473.html
MarketsandMarkets is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world.
MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services. MarketsandMarkets covers thirteen industry verticals; including advanced materials, automotives and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical, pharmaceuticals market, semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website www.marketsandmarkets.com.
7557 Rambler Road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231
MarketsandMarkets Blog @ www.marketsandmarketsblog.com/
Tags: Dallas, MarketsandMarkets, November 10, texas