Online purchasing: How Germans Behave in e-retailingBy Deutsche Card Services Gmbh, PRNE
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
COLOGNE, Germany, April 14, 2011 - On average, Germans buy goods worth EUR 61.18 on the Internet.
They prefer to pay by credit card. Moreover, their non-payment risk is
extremely low - to the delight of Internet retailers. The average German
online shopper prefers domestic shops and likes to get things on the Internet
on a December evening between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Roughly two-thirds of
all purchases in German e-retailing are initiated by women. These are some of
the results of the latest E-Retail Report 2010 by Deutsche Card Services.
- Preferred shops: domestic(97.71%)
- Preferred shopping month: December(15.21%) - least:
- Preferred shopping day: Monday(16.57%) - least:
- Preferred shopping time: 8:00 to 10:00 p.m.(14.37%) - least:
4:00 to 6:00 a.m.(0.27%)
- Average transaction value: EUR 61.18
- Preferred transaction value category: EUR 10-100(70.47%) -
least: above EUR 500(0.56%)
- Ratio men/women: 35.90%:61.90%.
- Most active federal state: Hessen(7.43%) - least:
- Most active postal digit area: 21(south/east Hamburg and
- Preferred payment method: credit card(30.89%)
- Preferred credit card brand: MasterCard(42.51%)
- Non-payment risk for credit card payments: only 2 out of
10,000 transactions fail(0.0205%)
The E-Retail Report, which analyses purchasing and payment
behaviour and non-payment risks in online retailing, was recently published
for the fourth time in a row. In contrast to other research, the study by the
Deutsche Bank subsidiary is based on real-life purchases and not on surveys.
It starts from about eight million transactions settled via the Deutsche Card
Services platform. All data are fully anonymised and comply with all
data-protection requirements. The study is available for download from the
online shop of Deutsche Card Services.
Complete press release:
Press Contact: Deutsche Card Services GmbH Marketing & Communications Tobias F. Hauptvogel Fon:+49221-99577-728 Fax:+49221-99577-8728 www.deutsche-card-services.com Email: email@example.com
Tags: April 14, Cologne, Deutsche Card Services GmbH, Germany